Hacking *Really* slow loading times BotW

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still overall for ease of us if there's anyway you can come up with $7 and download a DS game it's highly recommended as far as I'm concerned even if not required. But the browser exploit always annoyed me.

Last edited by ,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still overall for ease of us if there's anyway you can come up with $7 and download a DS game it's highly recommended as far as I'm concerned even if not required. But the browser exploit always annoyed me.
Why it quite literally takes less than 30 seconds to boot mocha using the browser exploit and is the easiest way to get cfw up and running. Put mocha on sd card put homebrew launcher on sd card put sd card in wiiu load browser and goto www.loadiine.ovh. It's that simple and quick

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why it quite literally takes less than 30 seconds to boot mocha using the browser exploit and is the easiest way to get cfw up and running. Put mocha on sd card put homebrew launcher on sd card put sd card in wiiu load browser and goto www.loadiine.ovh. It's that simple and quick
I would only recommend it for people without constant access to the internet.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have mocha set to y button on haxchi I hold y press haxchi on the wiipad it loads mocha press a, it's faster than going to the browser to get to mocha.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mocha set to y button on haxchi I hold y press haxchi on the wiipad it loads mocha press a, it's faster than going to the browser to get to mocha.

For people with disposable income, $7 is worth the few seconds that you save. For other people, not so much.

Don't you mean constant access??

Yes, read your own post d: That's exactly what I said.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but mocha and haxchi together are pointless as they both do the same thing running them together you are basically loading a cfw to load another cfw lol which is pointless

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would only recommend it for people without constant access to the internet.
You said you would only recommend mocha for people without constant access to the internet but you need Internet for mocha lol

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but mocha and haxchi together are pointless as they both do the same thing running them together you are basically loading a cfw to load another cfw lol which is pointless

You're just arguing nothing because you were wrong the Haxchi screen takes like 3 seconds to load then it goes straight to mocha. It's faster than clearing cache on the browser then loading the web site then going to mocha that's a fact. It'd be like 7 seconds to 30 seconds like you said.

pazon123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Again I'm new here, please bear with me...) I have to add Mocha and Homebrew to an SD card, Download the game I want to the SD card I assume somewhere (Don't know where) using the USB helper. Boot up homebrew using loadline... install using the WUP thing, and I'm good as long as I use one of the customized firmwares?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're just arguing nothing because you were wrong the Haxchi screen takes like 3 seconds to load then it goes straight to mocha. It's faster than clearing cache on the browser then loading the web site then going to mocha that's a fact. It'd be like 7 seconds to 30 seconds like you said.
Where did I say mocha was faster than haxchi I never I just said mocha only takes 30 secs to load I said nothing at all about haxchi I wasn't even talking about that

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did I say mocha was faster than haxchi I never I just said mocha only takes 30 secs to load I said nothing at all about haxchi I wasn't even talking about that

You said mocha and haxchi together are pointless but it's not pointless you can set the config.txt to make haxchi launch mocha, that's the fastest possible way to get to mocha and that's a fact. Less than 10 seconds.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You said mocha and haxchi together are pointless but it's not pointless you can set the config.txt to make haxchi launch mocha, that's the fastest possible way to get to mocha and that's a fact. Less than 10 seconds.
I said it was pointless because haxchi does exactly what mocha does so why would you load them both together??

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it was pointless because haxchi does exactly what mocha does so why would you load them both together??
Marko is correct. HaxChi can autoboot to system menu and gives you full CFW. There's no need to load mocha.

Mocha works great for people who don't want to buy a DS game on eShop. If you already did buy a game on eShop and set up HaxChi then you edit the config file on the SD for haxchi to say default=sysmenu. Now when you tap HaxChi youre in a region free sigpatched sysNAND. You can install any game from any region using WUP Installer

Telling HaxChi to load up Mocha is just like loading a CFW twice (HaxChi -> Mocha). It will work but it's redundant

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Marko is correct. HaxChi can autoboot to system menu and gives you full CFW. There's no need to load mocha
Yes exactly the point I was making no way did I state that Mocha was faster than haxchi so I don't know why people are saying that all I said was that the browser hax with Mocha took 30 seconds to load.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

jinzokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a European download of BotW, loaded it onto an SD card (16G, class 6, partitioned with I believe cluster 64k and FAT32). It boots up on loadiine... the load times are horrendous. Im talking about 3 minutes to teleport, load up a file, load a shrine, a minute or so every time I die, etc. Anything I can do to speed it up? I'm thinking of getting an SD extreme/pro 32G, but anything *else* I can do? Would downloading it as a channel make it run faster (I don't know how to do that...)? Thanks, -Paz
(I can link you the forum post (on a diff forum) if you want me to. It's a full PAL version)
this will not only kill your SD card, it is also probably the absolute worst way to play wii u "backups" use the other method. and for the love of atheismo use an external hdd and not a flashdrive.

pazon123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I asked for help.. at least 4 of you told me that its completely wrong, 3 of you led me to somewhere else, and there's just 2 of you constantly bickering about two different cfw's. For the love of god; just lead me to a place where I can get one of the better Cfw's on my SD/WiiU without buying software, as well as a place to get different games. I can't get a Hdd right now, so the internal storage and the SD is all I have. Thanks.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok... I asked for help.. at least 4 of you told me that its completely wrong, 3 of you led me to somewhere else, and there's just 2 of you constantly bickering about two different cfw's. For the love of god; just lead me to a place where I can get one of the better Cfw's on my SD/WiiU without buying software, as well as a place to get different games. I can't get a Hdd right now, so the internal storage and the SD is all I have. Thanks.
The only thing you can do is load the homebrew Browser then load mocha you have no other option if you are not willing to buy a ds game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ice cream shop