Really odd problem with FFCC:EoT

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Domo, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009

Really odd problem with FFCC:EoT by Domo at 9:00 AM (1,293 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Domo
    OP

Newcomer Domo Member

United States
    Apparently my save file for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time became corrupted. Deleted the save file and rom, replaced them with backups I have on my hard drive in effort to fix the problem. Thing is, it's still persisting. I've never experienced this sort of problem before and not quite sure how to resolve it.

I've formatted my card multiple times using the panasonic sd formatter, downloaded the rom itself from various rom sites to make sure the version I had wasnt corrupted. However, when I load any rom of FFCC:EoT, when it loads it doesnt even go to the regular start up. It goes to normal game play for about 3 seconds with a completely black background then just freezes on me. This is with fresh installs of everything and I'm completely at a loss. Wouldnt formatting the SD card have fixed this? It doesnt make any sense to me.

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Download the latest firmware - it may have corrupted the firmware on the card.

3. Domo
    OP

Newcomer Domo Member

United States
    I've tried it with the newest firmware, ive tried it with the oldest firmware. Everything I have attempted has been from a fresh install which shouldnt be corrupted. It always comes back to that playing screen and the freezing shortly afterwards. I've formatted my card multiple times now and it always says there's 0 bytes on it afterwards. Would there be some type of hidden partition that's causing this? Honestly I'm completely baffled. First time I've ever had this kind of trouble before.

4. Domo
    OP

Newcomer Domo Member

United States
    Okay a little more insight to the problem. Apparently it will work with M3Real firmware, however the issue persists with all versions of Sakura. Now I begin to ask.. why? I've never been fond of the Real firmware which is another reason I'd like to solve this problem. Sakura has been a step up in user interface and I'd like to keep it. Any suggestions out there?

5. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

no problems here when playing the game in Sakura or Touchpod..use the official Sakura 1.35 2nd edition

6. Domo
    OP

Newcomer Domo Member

United States

If you had bothered to reads my post you would see that I said the issue persists with any version of Sakura.

7. dsrules

then I said it works fine on my Sakura 1.35 2nd...by the way, FFCC:EoT(U)(E) can't be play on Sakura 1.34
    unless what you're saying here is, after the game finished loading and it freezes after 3 seconds with 2 characters standing on the top screen

8. Domo
    OP

Newcomer Domo Member

United States
    Knowing it works for -you- on 1.35 doesnt help me when Ive already stated that it doesn't work for -me- on all versions of Sakura. Re-read what I said on what you quoted me on aswell. I said when I load the rom, not the actual save file via the title menu. When I scroll through my list of DS games, click my FFCC:EoT rom file, it goes DIRECTLY to game play then freezes, completely bypasses the entire sponsored company logos and title menu.

9. dsrules

No, you read what I said, that is exactly what I meant.
    you get that screen because you are not using the newest Sakura 1.35 2nd with the auto antiprivacy patch engine ..the game works on your Touchpod because you're using the newest 4.3a firmware with the auto antiprivacy patch engine

Freeze with this screen...correct me if I'm wrong
    [​IMG]

10. MasterGamer

Newcomer MasterGamer Advanced Member

Australia
    yep that would be the screenshot you are getting

I cant beleive none of you know this.

its coz Nintendo has recently been stopping piracy of games by putting blocks on them, no idea how it works i just know how to fix.

get the newest cheat.db from narins database
    link:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991

chuck that into the system folder of your M3, overwrite whatever was there b4.
    now when you go into the game, go into the cheat menu, turn on the first cheat (called piracy bypass or something like that)
    make sure that cheats are enabled.

It should work now

I dont know what you were going on about with the sakura vs real problem, I had the same problem with my real firmware untill i fixed it

HAVE FUN, it is an excelent game! [​IMG]

11. dsrules

this fix is old man...the previous 2 firmwares already fixed that problem