Hacking Really need help with Emunand

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Emunand on my Switch, and for whatever reason, it always just ends up confusing me.

There are games that I need to use both on CFW, and also online.

1. Where should the game be installed? Should I buy it properly on stock FW, and then run it on CFW when needed? Or can I install the NSP on CFW, and use it online in stock?

2. When I want to go online, should I be running sysmmc or emummc?

3. Lastly, I am getting a game cart error whenever I insert a cart in emummc. I am on latest firmware and latest Hekate. Are there any fixes for this?

Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Emunand on my Switch, and for whatever reason, it always just ends up confusing me.

There are games that I need to use both on CFW, and also online.

1. Where should the game be installed? Should I buy it properly on stock FW, and then run it on CFW when needed? Or can I install the NSP on CFW, and use it online in stock?

2. When I want to go online, should I be running sysmmc or emummc?

3. Lastly, I am getting a game cart error whenever I insert a cart in emummc. I am on latest firmware and latest Hekate. Are there any fixes for this?

Thanks

1. Do all your hacking/homebrew stuffs on Emunand, Don't install NSP and play online you will get ban for that.
2. Use Sysland but clean NAND only.
3. Depends on your firmware, 11.0.0 update the lotus firmware for the switch cartridge slot, causing problem on lower firmware emunand.

Reactions: mranonymous

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do all your hacking/homebrew stuffs on Emunand, Don't install NSP and play online you will get ban for that.
2. Use Sysland but clean NAND only.
3. Depends on your firmware, 11.0.0 update the lotus firmware for the switch cartridge slot, causing problem on lower firmware emunand.

Perfect thanks. Yes, I am on 11.0.1. Do you know if there is a fix for the cart slot yet on this firmware?

Also one last question. If I download a game legitimately from the eShop on stock firmware, will this game also show up on Emunand?

Thanks again

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect thanks. Yes, I am on 11.0.1. Do you know if there is a fix for the cart slot yet on this firmware?

Also one last question. If I download a game legitimately from the eShop on stock firmware, will this game also show up on Emunand?

Thanks again

For now you have to either update your emunand or set your nogc = 0 in the BCT.ini.

Better explained by Masagrator post in this thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-read-gamecard-error-fw-11-0-1.579020/#post-9299100

NAND are separated once you create your emummc, it is seperated from Sysnand.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: HollowGrams

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play original carts + online on OFW and everything else CFW emuMMC.

The problem is that the game that I need both CFW and OFW for is a cart. I basically need to edit it in CFW, and use it in OFW. I don't mind re-buying it digitally though if needed so I may do that, or just update emuNand to 11.0.1 as you mentioned

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that the game that I need both CFW and OFW for is a cart. I basically need to edit it in CFW, and use it in OFW. I don't mind re-buying it digitally though if needed so I may do that, or just update emuNand to 11.0.1 as you mentioned

If you use atmos - hekate update to 11.01. Running good here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.