ROM Hack Really need help, used tiny format now i lost EVERYTHING

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No... i wish i did.. because i understand now thats what would have saved me..

Well I accidently pressed build support files a few days ago. decTitleKeys.bin encTitleKeys.bin secret_sector.bin seeddb.bin
Are these the files I will need?? if thats what you mean by any chance?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes.. they dont show up there.
yes enctitlekeys will be very useful,do you have freeshop?

Dude since you have enctitlekeys.bin you might be saved

But you will have to re download them

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No... i wish i did.. because i understand now thats what would have saved me..

Well I accidently pressed build support files a few days ago. decTitleKeys.bin encTitleKeys.bin secret_sector.bin seeddb.bin
Are these the files I will need?? if thats what you mean by any chance?

Yes.. they dont show up there.
Run tikShop and let it install tickets on your emuNAND. That should get back all your games that were from freeShop/CIAngel/eShop or installed from a ticket.

Beorn_Orwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But you will have to re download them

If all else failed there are other ways to obtain title keys, but it would have still sucked.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Run tikShop and let it install tickets on your emuNAND. That should get back all your games that were from freeShop/CIAngel/eShop or installed from a ticket.

Emunand? don't you mean sysnand? i had all my games installed on sysnand.
Also this will only install games I installed with freeshop? My rom hacks, etc..and jap games that are not on them for example, i would need to redo?

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also this will only install games I installed with freeshop? My rom hacks, etc..and jap games that are not on them for example, i would need to redo?
ok dude do this put the enctitlekeys.bin in the 3ds/data/free shop/keys
And run free shop and download all your games to your sysnand

D

Deleted User

When you format your sysnand you erase all your data.You should be following 3ds.guide instead of using a menuhax/emunand setup.All your lost games can be recovered through either freeshop,ciangle or manually be downloaded and installed with CIA files on the ISO site.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Hopalongtom

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you format your sysnand you erase all your data.You should be following 3ds.guide instead of using a menuhax/emunand setup.All your lost games can be recovered through either freeshop,ciangle or manually be downloaded and installed with CIA files on the ISO site.
i think he has boot9strap but had over 300 titles on sysnand so he wanted emunand for more games

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think he has boot9strap but had over 300 titles on sysnand so he wanted emunand for more games
This is correct.
Ok so I managed with a nandbackup to launch fbi and now I see all "supposed" installed titles.. but instread it saying game name it will just say title ID. Except when i try to launch one it will say. 0xC8A0CC04 status 25 invalif state 6 applet 51 desc unknown 4

Also I try to install freeshop and it just hangs at 0.0b/s with fbi... :S

EDIT:
It seems I never made a good nand backup?
I got 4 nand backups 2 are 1.8 b and in the root of my sd emunand.bin and nand.bin
2 are in files9 and are 1.2 gb and are called nandmin.bin and nand_emu.bin

Why I say this is because I should not have "sys" when I go into settings? it says sys 9.0... for the nandmin.bin one and also the nand.bin one...
I remember this was a function for GW?

Is this why my cia won't install?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No. Your sysNAND was formatted, so it now has a new folder on the SD card, and different encryption keys. It will never be able to read the existing stuff on your SD card.
You have to do it on your emuNAND, because that is using the same folder and encryption keys as your sysNAND used to, it's only missing the tickets.

But ONLY reinstall the tickets. If you reinstall the full games, it wipes your save data.
This is correct.
Ok so I managed with a nandbackup to launch fbi and now I see all "supposed" installed titles.. but instread it saying game name it will just say title ID. Except when i try to launch one it will say. 0xC8A0CC04 status 25 invalif state 6 applet 51 desc unknown 4

So now I install tik and do it from there...? will report back

EDIT:
I got 4 nand backups 2 are 1.8 b and in the root of my sd emunand.bin and nand.bin

Why I say this is because I should not have "sys" when I go into settings? it says sys 9.0... for the nandmin.bin one and also the nand.bin one...

It should say Sys if you are on sysNAND, and Emu if you are on emuNAND.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is correct.

EDIT:

i don't see why it won't install....try updating to latest fw if you have boot9strap and luma3ds

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok dude do this put the enctitlekeys.bin in the 3ds/data/free shop/keys
And run free shop and download all your games to your sysnand
I just did this, and do i need to do something additionally? or should it autoload that key or something?

i don't see why it won't install....try updating to latest fw if you have boot9strap and luma3ds
It did install just took abnormally long. normal is 30-45 secs. now more like 5 minutes.

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did this, and do i need to do something additionally? or should it autoload that key or something?

It did install just took abnormally long. normal is 30-45 secs. now more like 5 minutes.
now just open freeshop and download every title you owned. Sorry about the homebrew and romhacks,I think you have to manually reinstall them.Also sorry if I wasn't clear on how to create an emunand in the first place

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
now just open freeshop and download every title you owned. Sorry about the homebrew and romhacks,I think you have to manually reinstall them.Also sorry if I wasn't clear on how to create an emunand in the first place
Ehm.. i thought my keys i got would auto add them to download lists or import tickets or something so i wouldnt have to manually all install them again?
its ok. its my own fault.

What else is the point of putting the file in ok dude do this put the enctitlekeys.bin in the 3ds/data/free shop/keys??

just seems freeshop like normal..

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ehm.. i thought my keys i got would auto add them to download lists or import tickets or something so i wouldnt have to manually all install them again?
its ok. its my own fault.

What else is the point of putting the file in ok dude do this put the enctitlekeys.bin in the 3ds/data/free shop/keys??

just seems freeshop like normal..
yes it is freeshop but what you are seeing are all the titles you owned

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes it is freeshop but what you are seeing are all the titles you owned
I see 2 installed titles (home menu basic shit) and 0 downloads.
And then just all the games freeshop normally shows..
But this enckey thing does nothing for me so far...

Im gonna try tikshop.. if that works better like Jdbye suggested.

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see 2 installed titles (home menu basic shit) and 0 downloads.
And then just all the games freeshop normally shows..
But this enckey thing does nothing for me so far...

Im gonna try tikshop.. if that works better like Jdbye suggested.
it won't download automatically you have to select them all and download them or you can inject the enctitlekeys.bin to your 3ds

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it won't download automatically you have to select them all and download them or you can inject the enctitlekeys.bin to your 3ds
Select them all, meaning find them all individually and add them to que, again why did i even move the enctitle file then? Because i thought it would make the whole process easier.
Inject the enctitlekeys.bin? How?

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Select them all, meaning find them all individually and add them to que, again why did i even move the enctitle file then? Because i thought it would make the whole process easier.
Inject the enctitlekeys.bin? How?
sorry dude i guess just download them with freeshop , not sure how to help you anymore

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you say inject enctitlekeys.bin? but you cant help me with it? I thought i was saved with this?
well you were saved with this cuz without that file freeshop does not work and since enctitlekeys.bin was the on from your console and not online all the games you saw when you opened freeshop were the games you had that's the utility of the key. And as of injecting said key i got confused with ticked.db/title.db witch you don't have

well you were saved with this cuz without that file freeshop does not work and since enctitlekeys.bin was the on from your console and not online all the games you saw when you opened freeshop were the games you had that's the utility of the key. And as of injecting said key i got confused with ticked.db/title.db witch you don't have
so basically just click download on all of the games you see

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol