Hardware Really n00bish question.

Tanubi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the question, this may have been answered but my brain is melting as I click around and search through topics.

I have a O3DS 10.3 and I hear I can use OoThax and Powersaves to "Do it" and "it" will work.
My question is this. What is "it"? I am confused as to what you can actually do on a 10.3 with the oothax. Can I install Cia's? Will Homebrew Launcher work? Do CFW's work? My confusion starts with finding information that all this stuff works on 9.2 and below only, but what can I do on 10.3? Will I be able to back up my games and play those backups? Can I run any homebrew?

Sorry for this very silly question, I hope someone can help me out though.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand it OoThax and Ninjhax are your only options. No you cannot install cia's, use CFW or run backups, you can partially backup your games via braindump, That is really only useful for running hacks/translations via HANS & romfs redirection, It is not a full backup [no exheader]. Homebrew Channel is what you are using the OoT/CN hax to launch, so yes you can run homebrew.

Tanubi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it OoThax and Ninjhax are your only options. No you cannot install cia's, use CFW or run backups, you can partially backup your games via braindump, That is really only useful for running hacks/translations via HANS & romfs redirection, It is not a full backup [no exheader]. Homebrew Channel is what you are using the OoT/CN hax to launch, so yes you can run homebrew.

Thanks very much for the information. Is there anyways to downgrade this O3DS?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is all true but makes the hbc sound really . . .really . . . boring so i thought i would add this link [Tutorial]The Homebrew Launcher Emulators all-in-one Noob's Guide (SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/NES)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process