realhotstuff.hk - Almost two months and still haven't receive my DSTwo

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LastingCry, Oct 20, 2013.

1. LastingCry
    OP

LastingCry Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    Canada
    I have contacted them about 3 times and they keep saying to wait because there's a delay with the HK post due to a new policy or something. The tracking number also never worked to begin with. I am aware of the delay, but I have bought ton of stuff from China these past few weeks and they all arrived already, except the card which I bought way earlier. What are my options here?

2. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    Report it as a descrepancy to your bank/paypal or whatever form of payment you used to get a refund then proceed to never buy anything from realhotstuff.hk again.

3. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    How did you pay?

If Credit Card, you can get on to your issuer to sort this out.

If Paypal, IIRC it's a time limit of 56 days to make a claim.

4. SolidSnake95

SolidSnake95 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    United States
    I've always had good luck with realhotstuff. When they gave me a counterfeit acekard in February f 2010, I asked them for a replacement in december of 2012 and they replaced it for free.

But this is a realhotstuff stationed in the U.S not Hong Kong so maybe they're more of a bit of jackasses.

5. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    I'm in the same situation. The information I've gotten from them basically says that Hong Kong post no longer accepts any shipments containing batteries and the EZ Flash IV (which is what I bought) contains a battery, so they had to use a different shipping company. Apparently that new shipping company sucks.

6. Arizato

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    This worries me as I've also ordered from realhotstuff.hk recently. Though my tracking code works wonders and I can see where it is at the moment.

7. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    And if you'
    And if you're lucky it comes in the next day and you just gained $40 :P

RchUncleSkeleton likes this.
  8. mystril

mystril Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2007
    Senegal
    Same here. It's taking way too long. Ordered @ 28 Aug. 8 more days to 60 days. Thinking of disputing payment.

9. BananaSlamma

BananaSlamma Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2013
    United States
    What about realhotstuff.com? Are they safe? I just ordered a gateway from there the other day but they haven't given me a tracking code yet

10. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

Many people on this forum (including the well-known Rydian I think) have supported realhotstuff.com. You should be fine, as it is a US-based company and it will be a lot easier to get your money back if they don't deliver.

11. Arizato

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Just a question

Did you guys get a tracking code? Check where your packages are. Try to enter the tracking code again. Mine took a few days before it started working. My E-mail with my tracking code also said that this is a busy season, and that packages may take longer to arrive at their location.

12. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    that is my experience from my latest two order:

"none of my recent 2 shippings from RHS could be tracked from their site. and they were shipped with tracking option.

one of them could be tracked from hong-kong post's site and arrived in about two weeks. the other could never be tracked and it arrived about three weeks later. so tracking is hit and miss from my experience, though i didn't have a missing package from RHS. (i ordered more stuff from them in the past.)"

http://gbatemp.net/threads/shipping-error-on-realhoststuff.355781/#post-4795772

i bought about 2-3 cards before these two orders, all arrived fine and tracking worked. they are surely beginning to screw up.

about the late arriving second order, they told the same battery stuff.

13. LastingCry
    OP

LastingCry Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    Canada
    If I don't receive it this week then I'll be contacting my credit card provider and ask for a charge back. This is getting ridiculous, first they said that it was return to them because of battery issue and they switch to another shipping company which I respond back that the DSTwo didn't have a battery in it, then they basically said "never mind HK Post takes a full week of inspection now". Which I say BS since it's been more than a week now, it's been almost two months. It's obvious that they have no idea what's going on, I wonder if they even ship it in the first place. And yes, I received a tracking number, but it never worked.

14. mystril

mystril Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2007
    Senegal
    From the Realhotstuff Email. They gave me a new tracking code.

It seems my package still stuck @ Shenzhen =((

15. captain_corona

captain_corona Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    New York

realhotstuff.com is diffrent from realhotstuff.hk

16. Ka-Wing

Ka-Wing Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    Netherlands
    I ordered Gateway 3DS on RealHotStuff.hk on 1 september and got it 3 weeks later.

17. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    Ouch! Feel your pain.
    I ordered a DSTWO from gamemartz I believe, and after I placed the order, I started noticing there were LOTS of flaws on the site, like the url was gamemartz, the logo said gamematz, and some words on the site was mispelled and I was getting worried.
    The cool thing was the package was tracked and it kept updating where it was on and its status every time I checked it, it took just about a month to get here though.

Not looking forward to getting a Gateway if/when they can make it work on fw 6.X, ha ha. Doesnt seem very adaptable to me in terms of Nintendo killing it with FW's, I think a time will come when its not enough to spoof the FW, like I remember on the PSP with certain games...but hope they prove me wrong. That and its likely 3DS will be getting miiverse and it BETTER be getting accounts, so I will definitely be wanting to get the update for those.

18. LastingCry
    OP

LastingCry Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    Canada
    Got the same email and it has been stuck since September lol. Doesn't look that the new shipping company is any reliable. Will ask for a refund and if they refuse I will just do a charge back I guess.

19. Arizato

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009

What "phase" is it stuck in? What does your status say?

20. LastingCry
    OP

LastingCry Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    Canada

05/09/2013 03:21:44 Shenzhen Parcel arrived SFC warehouse
    05/09/2013 11:30:30 Shenzhen Departured from SFC warehouse