Hacking [Realease] ReiNand Cfw

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueReflective

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the gateway launcher with Zelda OOT or cubic ninja, backup sysnand and put the NAND.bin in a secure place of your pc and backup your 3ds sd files too. In gateway launcher use the option to format emunand.Copy your sd files back to your 3ds sd. Acces emunand via reinand cfw. Make sure you are on emunand and I recomend unlinking emunand or sysnand by fomating one of them in system settings. Download the 9.5 system files using 3dsnus. Triple check you are on emunand unlinked .Update emunand using sysupdater. Hope I didn't miss anything.
I lost you at the unlinking emunand or sysnand by formatting one of them? What the heck does this mean? How can you tell if linked or unlinked? What does it mean?

A more thorough tutorial would be REALLY appreciated. Heck, i'll even throw in $5 USD in BTC to whoever gets one into the Tutorials section.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost you at the unlinking emunand or sysnand by formatting one of them? What the heck does this mean? How can you tell if linked or unlinked? What does it mean?

A more thorough tutorial would be REALLY appreciated. Heck, i'll even throw in $5 USD in BTC to whoever gets one into the Tutorials section.

When you install games / apps to your emunand, if the SystemNand & Emu are linked (They are linked by default) then you'll have to unwrap the installed game/app every time you launch the emunand. Removing the internal SD card & formatting the SystemNand solves this problem by unlinked the two.

Edit: Sysnand is your default profile. Emunand (emulated) is the hacked profile. Emunand is used to have a different firmware from the Sysnand, play backed up games, ect.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
can you use system updater 0.3 on reinand to update it's emunand to 9.5?
done this via old 3ds emunand but I'm unsure on n3ds emunand

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this dosent work on my N3ds, after i click on RaiNand from Ninjhax homebrew launcher it shows my emmunand then it freezes and says
"An error has occurred.
please hold down the power button"

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use the gateway launcher with Zelda OOT or cubic ninja, backup sysnand and put the NAND.bin in a secure place of your pc and backup your 3ds sd files too. In gateway launcher use the option to format emunand.Copy your sd files back to your 3ds sd. Acces emunand via reinand cfw. Make sure you are on emunand and I recomend unlinking emunand or sysnand by fomating one of them in system settings. Download the 9.5 system files using 3dsnus. Triple check you are on emunand unlinked .Update emunand using sysupdater. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Thank you very much for the clarifying my friend... one more thing, how to know if I'm on emuNAND? from what I understand, reinand cfw does not show different system version string, also, what version of reinand should I use? theres only a beta for n3ds atm right?

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for some reason I can't get Gateway menu to load on my N3ds via cubic ninja. I tried formatting my sd and trying again but after scanning the qr, it says it installs a few things and black screen. trying to boot the menu results in a screen flash then nothing. any other way to make a emunand partition?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thank you very much for the clarifying my friend... one more thing, how to know if I'm on emuNAND? from what I understand, reinand cfw does not show different system version string, also, what version of reinand should I use? theres only a beta for n3ds atm right?
Yes they are only beta. If the new one doesn't work for you you could try the old one. In my case I would run reinand via ninjhax. After that if you get to the menu then you are supposed to be on emunand since reinand still does not have sysnand support I bealive but I strongly recommend that you wait a little since I think a new update for rxtools is coming out later today with new 3ds support. Using that would help because you will be able to indentify emunand better with the rxMode system version string :)

Also do not update emunand if you have it linked to sysnand. In some situations sysnand updates too. Be really carefull.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just messaged you the proper ReiNAND file to setup. Enjoy!
Is this file a secret of some sort, because I want in on it as well?
We aren't allowed to share any sorts of link here.
Actually, think we are allowed to post the more recent builds.

It was the older builds (~5MB big) that we weren't allowed to post, because they contained chunks of pre-patched Nintendo FIRM code integrated into the reiNAND.dat.

jWA38Ud.jpg

Newer releases provide only the patches themselves, keeping the archive free of Nintendo code, and perfectly legal to share.

Well, at least that's my understanding of things. Best to get confirmation from @Reisyukaku or someone more knowledgeable before we start posting links.

Last edited by Zidapi,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, think we are allowed to post the more recent builds.

It was the older builds (~5MB big) that we weren't allowed to post, because chunks of pre-patched Nintendo FIRM code was integrated into the reiNAND.dat.

Newer releases provide only the patches themselves, keeping the archive free of Nintendo code, and perfectly legal to share.

Well, at least that's my understanding of things. Best to get confirmation from @Reisyukaku or someone more knowledgeable before we start posting links.

ReiNAND for N3DS contains some patches such as firm, signature and more on the latest build which aren't allowed to share here.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for some reason I can't get Gateway menu to load on my N3ds via cubic ninja. I tried formatting my sd and trying again but after scanning the qr, it says it installs a few things and black screen. trying to boot the menu results in a screen flash then nothing. any other way to make a emunand partition?

If you haven't place the Launcher.dat from GW Ultra 3.3 into the root of your internal SD.
Make sure you're using the correct QR code for your region from the above download as well. To remove any QR code already in Cubic Ninja hold L + R + Y + X until a pop up appears.

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: No linking to copyrighted content
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio: @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there