Real problems getting NoNpDrm Xcom enemy unknown plus to show after refreshing livearea

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MikiMaru, May 8, 2019.

1. MikiMaru
    OP

MikiMaru Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm not a wizz at this but generally dont struggle wrapping my head round all this kind of stuff but iv hit a brick wall.

First off iv spent good amount of time reading up on this so here's the background.

I pre-bought the modded vita (there was minimal price difference between old firmware models and ones already modded) so everything came ready to go

Not had a single issue with any VPKs
    Nice easy process transfer then install.
    Perfectly fine running and configuring retroarch and running adrenaline just fine.

SO

I read for nondprm you have to edit config text in either uxO:tai/or urO:tai/ to include an extra line of code

Before I realised my vita is sd2vita I had sourced filepaths and found config.txt already had added lines of code that tutorials say to insert.

So presumably should already be working.

To add to the issue I cannot get a USB connection on this vita, my guess is the ports nakered, so I have to ftp everything via molecularshell.

So I have tried 4 things

Firstly extracted the zip into a folder:
    PCSE00656 on my PC and transferred that to uxO:app/
    Reset the system
    Opened vitashell refreshed live area

0 items refreshed

Secondly
    Copied the .zip of the game to uxO:app/
    Then used vitashell to enter the zip, copy the folder inside and then paste that folder into the uxO:app/ so it extracts within the vita (as I read that can help)
    Reset system
    Refreshed live area in vitashell

0 items refreshed

Then I tried both exact same steps but in urO:app/

Reason I began with uxO over urO (as iv read sd2vita should use urO) is the app folder in uxO contains most games I have on my vita and all folders have the same "name" format of 3 letters and 5 numbers

Also I have double checked the NoNpDrm is up to date

Only other thing iv found just by looking about on the vita it would seem I have no uxO:tai/ filepath

The NoNpDrm and the edited config.txt is in urO

Now I'm sure iv left loads of irrelevant info on here, I just wanted to be as clear as possible as I'm mystified.
    To the point of joining the site for this single reason.

Cheers in advance people.

2. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    Just going to clear a few points up for you -

1) I've seen quite a few Vitas that will charge fine over USB but the data connection won't work due to a damaged pin, so faulty USB port is quite likely - but how did you try a USB data connection? You would need to enable it the same way you enable FTP, but change it from FTP to USB in the settings - and try the latest VitaShell rather than Molecular Shell.

2) If you are using an SD2Vita adapter then you don't need to use USB or FTP - just take the microSD card out and put it in your PC. That's much faster.

3) You don't need the .zip file. Games should be extracted. They should be in a folder that is preferably just named for the game's title ID, although I have found that VitaShell automatically renames the folders for you when it detects the games (so I can, for example, keep the game in a folder called 'XCOM - Enemy Unknown Plus [PCSE00656]' so that I know what game it is without having to look up the title ID, but when I copy it onto my microSD card and refresh LiveArea it will rename it to just 'PCSE00656' because that's the title ID (for the US version anyway). Within that folder should be the game's eboot.bin file and any other files and subfolders - so your directory structure should be ux0:app/PCSE00656/eboot.bin. Check that, because if it was nested inside any more subfolders in the .zip file (like app/XCOM/PCSE00656/eboot.bin) VitaShell might not find it.

4) No, SD2Vita should not use ur0: - that's a system partition, games will not work in there. As far as the Vita is concerned, ux0: is your official memory card, which is the only place that Vita games can be installed to. If you have an SD2Vita you should have a plugin (either gamesd or storagemgr) installed to mount it as ux0: even if you also have an actual official memory card in the other slot (which you could then mount as, for example, uma0: ).

5) Within either ur0: or ux0: there should be a folder called 'tai' which is where your plugins and config.txt should be. A config.txt in ux0:tai takes priority over one in ur0:tai, so even if you have loads of plugins installed and setup correctly in ur0:tai they will not be loaded at all if you have a default config.txt in ux0:tai. So pick one and stick with it, and if it's ur0: make sure there's no tai folder on ux0: at all. Then make sure that your config.txt is setup correctly - i.e. you haven't put all your plugins in ur0: but written ux0: in config.txt.
    Oh, and that's a 0 (the number zero) in the partition names, not a O (letter 'oh'), which is how you've written it in your post so I hope it's not like that in your config.txt - check that and all other spellings. Also note there is no forward slash after ur0: or ux0:.

So in summary -
    You should have nonpdrm.skprx at either ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx or ux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
    There should be a config.txt file in the same folder that points to that file, with the location entered under the *KERNEL section
    If you're using a ur0:tai folder, delete the tai folder in ux0: if present
    Whatever memory card you're using should be mounted as ux0: for games to work
    Game should be located at ux0:app/PCSE00656/eboot.bin

Last edited by reddragon105, May 8, 2019
  3. MikiMaru
    OP

MikiMaru Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United Kingdom
    You sir, are a gentleman!
    Thanks alot for being so clear and also correcting what I had wrong, couple of things for me to try/check through all that.

Il post back when iv had a chance to look over it all, also I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but could this potentially by the file itself? Is there any way for me to check its integrity?

4. MikiMaru
    OP

MikiMaru Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    United Kingdom
    So turns out I'm just an idiot, never occured to me just to transfer direct from the PC to SD, once I'd transferred that way and refreshed live area it worked fine, problems I was having must of been something to do with the ftp transfer process as that's all I did differently

Strange

5. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    No problem - glad it was that simple! The FTP transfer must have been dropping or corrupting files.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted