Reading disc errors

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Immorality, Apr 21, 2010.

Apr 21, 2010

Reading disc errors by Immorality at 1:53 PM (748 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Immorality
    OP

Newcomer Immorality Newbie

United States
    Hello, im kinda new here but have been using a USB backup loader for a long time.

I've managed to play most games after searching the internet, but recently i have been having trouble with reading disc errors.
    For example, i played red steel 2 up to after the desert town and was about to leave it when all of the sudden i get a black screen with "reading disc...".
    So rebooted it and now its get stuck on the loading screen of the game itself, right before the ubisoft logo.
    Tried using different roms etc. but they all freeze at some point early on in the game. And i played the game without problems before.

Recently i also started playing Monster hunter Tri. Worked fine, untill after a day or two when i went to do a quest. It goes to the normal loading screen and stays there forever. Nothing happens, the HDD also doesnt seem to do anything, no loading sounds or whatever.

This also happens with some other random games aswell that freeze at poitns where they dindt before.

Also tried upgrading cios and all that, different usb loading programs like USBloadergx and neogamma. Tried about every setting combination possible with country settings etc. It doesnt change a thing. Even formatted the WBFS partition, no change.
    Havent encountered any solution on any internet page either. So was hoping someone here has the same problem or managed to fix it. Anyone?

Thanks in advance

2. Immorality
    OP

Newcomer Immorality Newbie

United States
    I'm kinda at the end of my resources. Tried about everything there is. Am i the only one with this godly annoying bug?

To sum up everything i did so far:
    Updated to Rev 14, 17 19.
    Formatted WBFS drive
    Installed Hermes 222/223
    Used 3 different USB loaders
    Used 3 different ISO's for games like MH3 and RS2
    Unplug replugging HDD
    and some other minor changes that all had no effect.

anyone?