Hacking re-formatting

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ok, i was playing ninjatown when it froze, so i restarted ds and i got sd/tf card error, i put sd into pc AND I NEED TO FORMAT IT!!! i really dont want to lose all my save files is there any way to keep using without format? or must i delete ALL my files?

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think he can since it wont load in the DS and it prompts to reformat when inserted in PC.
Although i think there're programs that recovers files from corrupted memsticks. Sadly i dont really know much about them.

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
NDStemp said:
Can't you just take out Ninjatown off your SD card? Then try if it works on the ds/flashcart

nope i MUST reformat to look into files and i must format to use sd with ds (unless theres an easier way)

QUOTE(Sandman00009 @ Nov 1 2008, 12:04 PM) its called copy and paste

didnt you read? i cant open the sd card unless i format

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
Which cart are you using?
DUDE you make me laugh
rofl.gif

OBviously its the R4.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
ENDscape said:
InuYasha said:
DUDE you make me laugh
rofl.gif

OBviously its the R4.

Someone has a problem and how is it obvious that it was an R4?

Look at what section this is.

GBAtemp.net > Nintendo DS Discussions > NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software > R4 DS

OP, you'll have to reformat the card. It's the only way.

I know how you feel though, I lost a 4GB MS Pro Duo with a load of PSP Game saves on it the other day. Feels bad, man.

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
your best bet is to open it on a linux box.... you can download a live cd for ubuntu boot ure pc off that then check, or use VMware player and a virtual ubuntu machine

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
InuYasha said:
ENDscape said:
InuYasha said:
DUDE you make me laugh
rofl.gif

OBviously its the R4.

Someone has a problem and how is it obvious that it was an R4?

Look at what section this is.

GBAtemp.net > Nintendo DS Discussions > NDS - Flashing Hardware and Software > R4 DS

OP, you'll have to reformat the card. It's the only way.

I know how you feel though, I lost a 4GB MS Pro Duo with a load of PSP Game saves on it the other day. Feels bad, man.

Hmmm guess I forgot about that oh well......But this thread is pointless now since he already formated his card so
tongue.gif

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
Hmmm guess I forgot about that oh well......But this thread is pointless now since he already formated his card so
tongue.gif

Uhm, I don't mean to insult you, but I don't see anywhere that the OP formatted the card already. you might need some sleep, buddy
grog.gif

And, to help the OP, I have what you could use. TestDisk, at http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk is a free recovery program that really worked in my experience, as a ROM flasher for Windows Mobile devices I really don't know what I'd do without this program. Don't get conned by those software you have to pay just to recover files, this one will do it splendidly.

Now I advise to carefully read everything about the program on that site, to avoid really clearing your card. To play it safe, I recommend using a program called Active @ Recovery, available at http://www.partition-recovery.com/ Although it's a trial, it's merely to see if the partition still exists (and it will find it, in most cases you might still be able to see the exact same files on the card). Then follow it with TestDisk and remember to read the instruction carefully when you restore files from the card (the files will be in the folder where you extracted TestDisk.)

Hope it helps
happy.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jagerstaffel said:
InuYasha said:
tongue.gif

Uhm, I don't mean to insult you, but I don't see anywhere that the OP formatted the card already. you might need some sleep, buddy
grog.gif

And, to help the OP, I have what you could use. TestDisk, at http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk is a free recovery program that really worked in my experience, as a ROM flasher for Windows Mobile devices I really don't know what I'd do without this program. Don't get conned by those software you have to pay just to recover files, this one will do it splendidly.

Now I advise to carefully read everything about the program on that site, to avoid really clearing your card. To play it safe, I recommend using a program called Active @ Recovery, available at http://www.partition-recovery.com/ Although it's a trial, it's merely to see if the partition still exists (and it will find it, in most cases you might still be able to see the exact same files on the card). Then follow it with TestDisk and remember to read the instruction carefully when you restore files from the card (the files will be in the folder where you extracted TestDisk.)

Hope it helps
happy.gif

He posted that fact in another part of the forum
tongue.gif

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks
laugh.gif
OP should have posted here and said so, and like, close this thread or something. Now excuse me while I kindly delete my previous post
sleep.gif

rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy