Question RCMloader ONE vs. NS-Atmosphere

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by pLaYeR^^, Aug 12, 2019.

1. pLaYeR^^
    OP

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    What are the differences between both dongles in regards of battery time and functionality and which one would you recommend?

2. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    RCMLoader one is the BEST dongle ever made. Battery is good, it holds 6 payloads in bin format. Plug&Play, Drag&drop... you plug it on PC and it acts like a USB drive. It's small, it's cute, and the Jig is very professional.

NS-Atmosphere requires an external software to flash it. It looks ugly, it's very big... it holds only one payload at a time.

Owenge, stick267 and pLaYeR^^ like this.
  3. Wamboniga

Wamboniga Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Germany
    You could also wait for the DragonInjector, looks very promising :)

Owenge and pLaYeR^^ like this.
  4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, if he wants a dongle before 2023, then probably RCMLoader is the one to go with at this point

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  5. Wamboniga

Wamboniga Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Germany
    "First, there's been a change to the boards that I managed to incorporate last week before PCBWay started manufacturing. The boards are being made right now and the change hasn't caused any delays. Release is still schedule for late August."

If it doesn't launch in late August, then grab the RCMloader.

loler55 likes this.
  6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It was scheduled to release probably around 15 times already and then something came up that could be optimized. Bam, next revision

7. GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    France
    RCMLoader is great. It holds multiple payloads, updates of payloads are a simple drag&drop, battery is great and it's small. For the price, it's awesome.

8. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Can recommend RCM loader one, It's just plug in, drag the payloads into the correct folder (up to 6) and has different LED colors to indicate with payload you push. The dongle and jig are both good quality and I like that the dongle houses the jig within it.

I also have an r4s dongle which is also pretty nice too but a little harder to set up initially, but it can be set to load payload.bin found on the switch sd root

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Got any info on that? I keep seeing it mentioned but I've yet to see any info whatsoever.
    I don't have a NS-Atmosphere but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the RCMLoader One. Cool design with a jig that goes into a dedicated slot so it's all contained in one neat little package (and I do mean little), great battery life, all the features you could want and a great price to boot. Even if it was twice as expensive, it'd still be a great buy.

10. Wamboniga

Wamboniga Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    Germany
    Only what's in here
    The latest info was late August for testers und early this month for everyone else.
    Im not on discord, so I can't tell you what they're saying there.