Hacking RCMLOADER ONE B Questions

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,908
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
I will be embarking to hack my Nintendo switch soon using the RCMLOADER One B that I obtained today from amazon. I have a few questions that I need clarified and cannot come across an answer elsewhere. I am currently on 6.2 firmware and plan on using the atmosphere exploit.

1. I understand that I should create a NAND backup. I have found the guide for it on this website but it does not use a payload injector. Do I insert a blank microSD with no files and boot the Atmosphere exploit and back it up through tools? Or are there files I need to place on the microSD card for the console to understand that it should save the back ups on the microSD card?

2. Do I need to update the RCMLOADER's files within? If so how would I go about doing this? I could not find a guide for this online.

I appreciate any help on these questions.

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You do not need to put anything on the SD card. If you are using hekate you just need to have the SD card inside the switch, it can even be formatted as exfat even if you do not have the exfat update. Horizon (the switch OS) will not recognize it. But you can use it for the nand backup without problems.

2. If you are talking about the payload injector that I think you are talking about. Then you will need to update it as you have 6.2 and as far as I know that injector comes with hekate 4.2. In order to update it you just need to plug it into a computer. It will be seen as a mass storage device. Drop the bin file into the right directory, rename it to payload.bin and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Where could I find the latest payload bin file for atmosphere?

Also, Would the the tinfoil program be automatically installed upon launching atmosphere?

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 4.56.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 4.56.27 PM.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From these pics, the device merges atmosphere and hekate. However, in the folder there is only one payload bin. So i am confused as to do I need to drag both updated hekate and atmosphere into that one folder?

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest hekate, 4.6 as of today. Rename it to payload.bin and copy it to ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE, that will allow you to run the latest hekate with your payload injector

D

Deleted User

OP
but what about atmosphere update then?
are you saying I should download hekate update into the device and then do the back up. After the update, I delete the heckate file from the device and then download the updated atmosphere file into the device?

Thank you for all your help btw.

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your payload injector supports multiple payloads. The name of the directories are there as a reference. You could put anything payload on any directory. There's also USER1, USER2 and USER3 provided for you to customize it with 3 different things. You could use fusee-primary to boot Atmosphere. Hekate supports chainloading other payloads. You could use hekate to launch fusee-primary too. Atmosphere itself goes onto your SD card. So you could start your clean nand backup (using the hekate payload that you just updated, 4.6). Backup your nand multiple times. Then you can download Atmosphere and extract it on your SD card, you can still use hekate to launch fusee-primary which will launch Atmosphere. You could also copy fusee-primary to USER1 if you want to.

Remember that if your switch does not have the exfat update it will not recognize exfat SD card.

Does it make sense? I am not sure what is the most popular way, this way works and you will have hekate always available which has a lot of tools on it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yup it made sense. Currently, I am backing up the NAND. I have 6. firmware on the nintendo. I have already backed up eMMC BOOT0/1' and currently backing up 'Backup eMMC RAW GPP'. Do i need to Send the "biskeydump" payload? I am not sure what this is really for ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple