Hacking RCMLoader as internal mod chip/dongle.

ELY_M

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only seen videos and posts about sxos dongle converted to internal mod chip.

I have 2 rcmloaders and I dont use them. I use my phone now to reboot my ubuntu switch.

I saw M.O.N.'s video and I was amazed! that video gave me idea of converting my rcmloader to internal mod chip.

I wonder if anyone ever done or attempt this or am I original with this rcmloader idea :)

myrcmloader.jpg

BigBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering because I already have this.

I wouldn't install the rcmloader inside the switch.
  • You'll need to either modify the right joycon or keep the jig around after installing it.
  • You also can't update the payload inside the rcmloader without reopening the console again.
  • rcmloader battery also needs to be recharged when it dies, you might need to open the console again
  • You might need a hot air tool to remove the usb type - c if you want to solder the connectors more easily to the switch's USB data + and - lines
It's probably easier to just use an RCM-X86, I think it's the best since you don't need to get your self a hot air tool to remove the usb connector like the Trinket M0 boards.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I wouldn't install the rcmloader inside the switch.
  • You'll need to either modify the right joycon or keep the jig around after installing it.
  • You also can't update the payload inside the rcmloader without reopening the console again.
With autorcm you won't need the jig unless you completely power off the Switch.

As far as I know, it is possible to update the rcmloader without opening the Switch.
In this case you do need to completely power down the Switch.
Just connect the Switch to a PC and you can update the RCM-X86/Trinket.

• rcmloader battery also needs to be recharged when it dies, you might need to open the console again
You can power the loader directly off the Switch internal power. The battery is probably way to big to fit in the Switch anyway.
  • You might need a hot air tool to remove the usb type - c if you want to solder the connectors more easily to the switch's USB data + and - lines
There are 2 test point right next to the USB connector so you can leave that on the board.
Those test points are 10x as big as the USB-C connector pins anyway so much easier to solder to.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/[/QUOTE]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo