CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the firmware lives in FS.kip and it's loaded at boot. It's not flashed exactly. But GC card has its own eeprom.

The moment you saw the switch logo, that fw loaded.

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
the firmware lives in FS.kip and it's loaded at boot. It's not flashed exactly. But GC card has its own eeprom.

The moment you saw the switch logo, that fw loaded.
Is there any way to 100% confirm it? Can I get the version from FS.kip using a hex editor or something simple

beeno92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It cant be boot to 6.0.1, after you choose CFW, it will black screen, it start but not show display and two controller are connect to the switch, have led 1. Press pwr 12 second to shutdown
can be boot to stock fw 6.0.1

Last edited by beeno92,

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Im doing the nand backup now. i Have sx PRO and launched hekate, I have 32gb sd card formated as FAT32, also my system has version 2.1 (i think) should I let it continue (its been like 20 mins) or stop it somehow? pls help

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry, my previous message wasn’t clear. How can I check this?
By what system version you run.

I haven't updated yet, but I wonder, can Hekate 4.2 boot stock 6.0.1?
Or would it need an update?
It does. Stock and cfw.

It cant be boot to 6.0.1, after you choose CFW, it will black screen, it start but not show display and two controller are connect to the switch, have led 1. Press pwr 12 second to shutdown
can be boot to stock fw 6.0.1
Check your cfw files.

Im doing the nand backup now. i Have sx PRO and launched hekate, I have 32gb sd card formated as FAT32, also my system has version 2.1 (i think) should I let it continue (its been like 20 mins) or stop it somehow? pls help
Without verification it can take around 23minutes (depending on your card ofc), but with verification it takes way more.
White bar: backup process.
Green: Verification.

You can cancel the verification or backup process by pressing VOL UP + VOL DOWN and keeping it until you see it aborted.
Any file that was already finished it will be kept.

Reactions: bundat

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
By what system version you run.

It does. Stock and cfw.

Check your cfw files.

Without verification it can take around 23minutes (depending on your card ofc), but with verification it takes way more.
White bar: backup process.
Green: Verification.

You can cancel the verification or backup process by pressing VOL UP + VOL DOWN and keeping it until you see it aborted.
Any file that was already finished it will be kept.

Thanks mate, how do I update my console to 5.1 now? I have 2.1 and I also have SX PRO 2.0, backuped my nand and stored on pc

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
@CTCaer let me explain again as this isn't coming across very well by me.

i am not entirely sure what version my gamecart firmware is on due to a potential error by me with the NOGC file, i am not 100% sure i made the error so would like to confirm; is there anyway i can determine what FW its on easily? and if so, how?

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question: can we fully restore our Nand if we are on a firmware higher than the one that the rawnand.bin was made or will it put my console at risk? If it is possible which firmware will we end up with?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: can we fully restore our Nand if we are on a firmware higher than the one that the rawnand.bin was made or will it put my console at risk? If it is possible which firmware will we end up with?
It will depend on your current fuse count and how it relates to the firmware of your original NAND dump. If they don't match, you can only use the console if you bypass the fuse check by booting into RCM and using a bootloader that does so such as Hekate.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK I want to restore my switch fully, I've backup eMMC RAW GPP and eMMC BOOT0/1 question is if eMMC RAW GPP is enough to restore or should I also restore eMMC BOOT0/1 and if the 2 are needed in which order should I restore?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I want to restore my switch fully, I've backup eMMC RAW GPP and eMMC BOOT0/1 question is if eMMC RAW GPP is enough to restore or should I also restore eMMC BOOT0/1 and if the 2 are needed in which order should I restore?
You need to restore both eMMC raw GPP as well as boo0/boot1

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@CTCaer let me explain again as this isn't coming across very well by me.

i am not entirely sure what version my gamecart firmware is on due to a potential error by me with the NOGC file, i am not 100% sure i made the error so would like to confirm; is there anyway i can determine what FW its on easily? and if so, how?
They only way is by installing 3.x and checking if carts work.

There's no other way, that will not trigger the anti-downgrade on the GC Asic

Reactions: metaljay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1