1. PeSa

PeSa Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Today I found out that I’m banned and the reason for me is unknown.... just use hekate and checkpoint for saving my files however I did a clean start (formatting my console and injecting my save files) to my format console and SD card few days ago. Since it’s Saturday and the Iberian Nintendo assistance is weekend off, need to wait until Monday to know the reason. My console error is 2181-4008

2. CTCaer

OP CTCaer Developer
    Developer

Greece
    Did you restore or change any savefile that is for an online game or is synced to cloud?
    Seems like a change like that triggered the ban.

3. PeSa

PeSa Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Yeah sure did, I uploaded a old saved file ... I do everything so carefully that forgot to clear the old ones ... but already have a new Nintendo... will not contact them because of it for not been flagged after talking ✌️ To them ... already unlinked my switch on my Nintendo page. Thanks

4. LadyHaywood

LadyHaywood Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I made my nand and boot 0/1 backs ups using reinx and I was able to restore the rawnand but the boot 0/1 won't restore. I've tried putting the boot files in their own folders within the restore folder and then tried just having them loose inside the restore folder but I'm still getting error 4 when trying to restore it.

5. Mugman

Mugman Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Probably a very noob question, but I did a NAND backup using Hekate without copying the Bootloader folder into my SD card. So I got a warning that sleep mode library is missing inside Hekate. I did a NAND backup anyway.

Does the lack of the sleep mode library in any way affect the actual NAND backup? Do I need to back it up again with the bootloader folder copied to the SD card?

klear likes this.
  6. CTCaer

OP CTCaer Developer
    Developer

Greece
    /backup/<eMMC S/N>/restore/BOOT0 and BOOT1.

nope, nothing at all.
    Sleep more library is only useful inside HOS.
    Your backup is OK.

klear likes this.
  7. Mugman

Mugman Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Great!

Also, does Nintendo know if I've used Hekate if I've never launched a CFW? Can I go back to Horizon OS after launching Hekate and play online without getting banned?

And after I launch a CFW, is it possible to reverse the hack by essentially going to my old NAND backup and play online without getting banned?

8. LadyHaywood

Newcomer

United States
    I did that and it still wouldn't read it. Do I need to make 2 folders with those names on it and put them in there folder or leave them without a folder in the restore folder? Because I've tried both.

9. CTCaer

OP CTCaer Developer
    Developer

Greece
    the files are named BOOT0 and BOOT1 or boot0.bin and boot1.bin?

10. LadyHaywood

Newcomer

United States
    They save as boot0.bin and boot1.bin. I've tried renaming them to BOOT0.bin and BOOT1.bin to see if that'll help but no.

11. CTCaer

OP CTCaer Developer
    Developer

Greece
    Check my original message again:

12. 4nders

4nders Member
    Newcomer

Hi @CTCaer !
    I'm trying to help a friend with backing up his emmc and boot0/1 but we can't get passed loading hekate CTCaer 4.2
    We come as far as seeing Hekate IPL loading on the screen but then it goes black...
    We have tried to reformat the sd card and downloaded everything from GitHub again, same result.
    What could be wrong?

Thanks!!

Maupiti likes this.
  13. CTCaer

OP CTCaer Developer
    Developer

Greece
    • Auto full power off when the device woke up from HOS' power off
      Usefull with modchips/dongles when using AutoRCM. (You can see it as a breathing backlight with hekate's logo).
    Just enter rcm again and inject the payload.
    If you are not using autorcm or modchip/dongle, you can disable that behavior on Options -> Auto HOS power off.

14. 4nders

4nders Member
    Newcomer

Ok.. so try to full power off twice can help...
    We are using a laptop and a jig and TegraSmashGUI to inject the payload. No other modification done to it.

Thanks again!!

15. CTCaer

OP CTCaer Developer
    Developer

Greece
    After the the logo it powers off.
    Then you press PWR + VOL UP and inject again.

If you inject hekate inside 15 seconds from powering off from HOS (Switch OS), or if you disable this feature, it does not trigger.

It's a protection feature. But because you use a PC and a Jig, I don't think it's useful to you. So better disable it from options menu.

wicksand420 and 4nders like this.
  16. Jeankoba

Jeankoba Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Thank for your job

Last edited by Jeankoba, Oct 16, 2018
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I just installed this for my first time, using the premade SD files website, and I would like to autoboot into my SXOS payload that is located within /bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin

What file do I need to modify in order to do this? I already have auto RCM installed so that my Trinket M0 autolaunches into Hekate

18. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Fan

France
    Write an .ini that you throw in bootloader/ini
    payload={SD path}

Last edited by Maupiti, Oct 17, 2018
  19. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    For the new auto power off function, it's useful in general when you're using a dongle, but can i recommend adding the ability to hold VOL- like with auto-boot to enter hekate proper instead of automatically shutting down? Just so you don't have to go through two boot cycles when you power off your switch or it crashed or whatever and you want to boot it up again immediately.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

So something like this?

Code:
    {------ SXOS ------}
    [SXOS]
    payload=/bootloader/payloads/SXOS.bin
    { }

Last edited Oct 17, 2018
    Maupiti likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Payload], Hekate, CTCaer