• Views 1,074,896
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you think there is a possibility to dump the data directly to the PC ?. Like adding a driver to the useful load that allows to explore the data or transfer it to the connected PC after loading the Payload
There might be one. Boot a linux image, get the wifi working, mount a network share and use dd to dump the nand.

salamandrusker

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have dumped the nand several times but part 6 is always skipped... I use a 32 gb sd and I dump all parts until part 6 hat I have to copy all contents of the sd to my pc and then boot again hetake to finish part 6 and 7 but 6 is always skipped. Anyone knows the reason?

Regards,

when you say that you dump until part 6 I understand that you dump 5 parts and take the sd to record those 5 parts to the pc and then start from 6 but the 6 is not recorded and if it makes the 7 truth? if you use 32 gigabytes 5 parts x 8 gigabytes are 30 gigabytes, I think you will need at least 64 gigabytes to complete the process. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like that. See if someone confirms it

Reactions: Carlos Escobar

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have dumped the nand several times but part 6 is always skipped... I use a 32 gb sd and I dump all parts until part 6 hat I have to copy all contents of the sd to my pc and then boot again hetake to finish part 6 and 7 but 6 is always skipped. Anyone knows the reason?

Regards,
Really? Don't tell me that I uploaded the version that I had commented out the part 6 for testing...

I'm away from my build machine now.
Tomorrow I will update it, along with other quality patches.
Sorry for that :/

Edit:
@salamandrusker
Certainly it does not fit as a whole in a 32GB sd card. But his problem is probably not this.

Last edited by CTCaer,

salamandrusker

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Really? Don't tell me that I uploaded the version that I had commented out the part 6 for testing...

this week I try it myself and I expose it here, it would be good to know for sure if it can be done as you comment, I was attentive in case someone comments something

Reactions: Carlos Escobar

Carlos Escobar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Thanx!!! as you can see in the picture, Im always missing part 6 when dumping.

Regards,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when you say that you dump until part 6 I understand that you dump 5 parts and take the sd to record those 5 parts to the pc and then start from 6 but the 6 is not recorded and if it makes the 7 truth? if you use 32 gigabytes 5 parts x 8 gigabytes are 30 gigabytes, I think you will need at least 64 gigabytes to complete the process. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like that. See if someone confirms it

Actually as first post says : Join them by using "copy /b part_0 + part_1 + part_2 + part_3 + part_4 + part_5 + part_6 + part_7 rawnand.bin" = 32gb (8 x 4gig files)

Also at github : The USER dumping is done in 4 8GB parts (splitted in 4GB files, max for FAT32).

Regards,

Attachments

• dump.jpg
    dump.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 535
  • upload_2018-5-1_13-23-38.png
    upload_2018-5-1_13-23-38.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 467

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dumped fine!
Maybe adding an option to select which partitions we want to dump would be fine, I already had all the other dumps apart from the user partition before, but had to dump everything again since there was no option to dump only user partition.. :P

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I wish you could add an option that allows you to automatically detect the capacity of the MicroSd and automatically configure how many parts the Dump will be divided, or an option that can be manually chosen the size of each divided part (not to exceed the size available in the MicroSD) . Useful for users who have 2/4/8 / or 16Gb in the MicroSd :)

Last edited by Imancol,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Some clarifications:
As USER partition, I mean the emmc partition USER.

So the partition layout of the emmc is "BOOT0, BOOT1, RPMB, USER".

This emmc partition called USER is divided to many partitions, including one that is called user.

--------------------------

About the state of this payload:
  • Any user that has a 32GB (at least 31,500 MBytes available. It can barely fit it :) ) should use the latest hekate commit. rajkosto upstreamed all his changes there.
  • For any user, with smaller than 31,500MB sd cards, I'll release a special version based on the latest commits that lets you choose manually the parts to dump. Probably today.
Again, any user with adequate available space should use the official hekate.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For any user, with smaller than 31,500MB sd cards, I'll release a special version based on the latest commits that lets you choose manually the parts to dump. Probably today.

Thank you very much!. You really implement the suggestions of the users. :)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
v1.1 released.

Thanks to @rajkosto it is now working better and correctly with no hacks and hard coding. It can even support, future Switches with bigger eMMC.
Read OP for more.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can boot the fusee.bin file, if I wanted to run this instead do I simply replace the fusee.bin filename with the hekate-ipl_partial_dumping filename instead to start it? Or does this require linux be installed on the Switch before using like the other methods we currently have?

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
So I can boot the fusee.bin file, if I wanted to run this instead do I simply replace the fusee.bin filename with the hekate-ipl_partial_dumping filename instead to start it? Or does this require linux be installed on the Switch before using like the other methods we currently have?
Just use whatever you're using to launch fusee.bin(I'm using Android) but use the Hekate bin instead

Reactions: Maximilious

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For all RCM payloads, you just replace the fusee.bin filename with what you want to boot into.

So yeah.

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol