Hacking RCM Payload Black Screen

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiii, I'm trying to run a payload onto my switch. Everything is set up with the files on my SD, the correct Payload, and I can get into RCM mode with my computer and the web launcher recognizing the switch in APX mode. But when I launch it, nothing shows up on the screen. No options, nothing. I'm 100% definite that it is in RCM mode. What's going on?

D

Deleted-442439

Hmm, are you using USB 3.0, and have you tried other launchers? If you are using windows you need the drivers for it to work.

jj56185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
me too, I do it on a B85 PC whit a USB3.0, unbuntu 16.4. nothing shows up on the screen. MY switch is 5.0.0. When I use "lsusb". I am sure the switch is in RCM mode.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When in RCM Mode, nothing happens to the Switch...you can't even tell if it's on. For Windows, assuming you have the drivers installed, will make a sound that USB is connected and will show up on Device Manager. Once you run the payload, the screen will light on.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, are you using USB 3.0, and have you tried other launchers? If you are using windows you need the drivers for it to work.
When in RCM Mode, nothing happens to the Switch...you can't even tell if it's on. For Windows, assuming you have the drivers installed, will make a sound that USB is connected and will show up on Device Manager. Once you run the payload, the screen will light on.
It doesn't light on.

d4nk42o_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you plug it in when you think its in RCM mode and the Nintendo logo loads you aren't in RCM mode.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows? Linux?

Web Launcher uses a thing called WebUSB. Make sure you're using Linux, Android, Mac, or a Chromebook and using the Chrome web browser. Let us know more details please. Thank you.
I'm on Win7 using the latest Chrome, USB 3.0, I can get into RCM but when I press "Do the thing" and select the APX nothing happens. Payload selected and everything. I tried both the sample one, and the one I'm attempting to use. I tried with the left Joy Con in and out. I mean, everything goes well except for the payload actually booting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using the Tegrarcmsmash launcher works for me. :) Thanks!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on Win7 using the latest Chrome, USB 3.0, I can get into RCM but when I press "Do the thing" and select the APX nothing happens. Payload selected and everything. I tried both the sample one, and the one I'm attempting to use. I tried with the left Joy Con in and out. I mean, everything goes well except for the payload actually booting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using the Tegrarcmsmash launcher works for me. :) Thanks!
Yea, the web launcher does not work on Windows. TegraRCMsmash is the way to go on Windows. Glad you got it working. :) Sorry for the late reply.

ProNiteBite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when using TegraRCMsmash I am unable to get the screen to display anything. On my Linux machine it works like a charm, but I can't seem to get any payload to work with Tegra. The libusbK drivers have been installed and I get a seemingly okay output, but nothing appears on my screen like it should.

My output is as follows:

TegraRcmSmash (64bit) 1.1.0-1 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#7&39b35a72&0&3#{9862b4b7-d023-4
3f2-ba62-e696d3261afa}
RCM Device with id 0004021100000018C9060D6401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 67080, total size: 133296, total p
added size: 135168)...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0057 byte SETUP request!

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd rather not keep switching to my Linux partition every time I want to run my switch.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when using TegraRCMsmash I am unable to get the screen to display anything. On my Linux machine it works like a charm, but I can't seem to get any payload to work with Tegra. The libusbK drivers have been installed and I get a seemingly okay output, but nothing appears on my screen like it should.

My output is as follows:

TegraRcmSmash (64bit) 1.1.0-1 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#7&39b35a72&0&3#{9862b4b7-d023-4
3f2-ba62-e696d3261afa}
RCM Device with id 0004021100000018C9060D6401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 67080, total size: 133296, total p
added size: 135168)...
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0057 byte SETUP request!

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd rather not keep switching to my Linux partition every time I want to run my switch.
Are you dragging and dropping the Payload into the Tegrasmash exe?

ZeroXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yemen
i need help over here i did Everything like OP did but when click Delivery Payload i get this

Requesting access to device...
Using uploaded payload "payload.bin"
Preparing to launch uploaded...
Connected to NVIDIA Corp. APX
Device ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <-- not sure if it safe to show it
Sending payload...
Payload sent!
Switching to higher buffer...
Trigging vulnerability...
and nothing happens to my Switch and i did RCM mode it did show up on Device Manager. as APX so what i did wrong?

Last edited by ZeroXL,

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
i need help over here i did Everything like OP did but when click Delivery Payload i get this

Requesting access to device...
Using uploaded payload "payload.bin"
Preparing to launch uploaded...
Connected to NVIDIA Corp. APX
Device ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <-- not sure if it safe to show it
Sending payload...
Payload sent!
Switching to higher buffer...
Trigging vulnerability...
and nothing happens to my Switch and i did RCM mode it did show up on Device Manager. as APX so what i did wrong?
When did you bought your switch?

ZeroXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yemen
When did you bought your switch?
about 2 or 4 weeks i guess
i find a guide on how install homebrew menu but i wish i can post a link for the video it calls how to install homebrew menu on Nintendo switch on 5.1.0
my system update to lates 5.1.0 firmware

Last edited by ZeroXL,

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
about 2 or 4 weeks i guess
i find a guide on how install homebrew menu but i wish i can post a link for the video it calls how to install homebrew menu on Nintendo switch on 5.1.0
my system update to lates 5.1.0 firmware
You probably bought the latest patched switch which can only get you into rcm but injecting a payload would now result into a black screen.

Reactions: ZeroXL

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
so what to do?
what other method or guide to go for it?
Sadly there's no known exploit to run the payloads on the newest patched switches right now and it could probably take months or even years before hackers can hack those patched switch again. Best thing you can do is trade/sell it and get yourself an older model.

Reactions: ZeroXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.