rcm mode on but doesnt get recognised

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi as i said in a previous post i bought a switch v1 from ebay. The seller told me that he couldnt connect it to the pc for some reason.
I won that on a bid so i had to pay it. Anyways, i checked my switch and it is unpatched model. But as soon as i try to boot it on the rcm and connect it to pc it gets recognised as
Fail Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Requested) . I dont know what does that mean but i have tried multiple times with multiple cables to connect it and every time it is that error.
I followed a switch guide on the github and on another site and they had the same results. I even tried with zadig but it gets recognised again as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Requested Fail ).
As i read it should get recognised as apx but nope. nothing happens.

PS:i tried with the apx driver from tegra gui but nothing happens either and i tried also another pc and os.

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just tried the android method. It never detects the switch or prompts me a message to accept it

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure its not a hardware issue?

Does the switch get recognised by the PC in MTP mode when booted up normally?

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I don't know what mtp mode is . But switch boots up to rcm mode in a black screen and stays there . I know that because to reboot to original os I need to hold power button at least for 10 seconds . Also the PC recognize the switch when it is in rcm but doesn't recognize it as apx device . Android doesn't even recognize it at all.

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Switch gets recognized by PC as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Requested) even when it boots up normally

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
did you try with another usb-c cable? some cables are not good for connecting the console to pc because them don't allow data transferring.... another question... are you sure that the usb-c connector is not broken?

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what mtp mode is . But switch boots up to rcm mode in a black screen and stays there . I know that because to reboot to original os I need to hold power button at least for 10 seconds . Also the PC recognize the switch when it is in rcm but doesn't recognize it as apx device . Android doesn't even recognize it at all.

MTP is a USB connection mode for transferring data to a device. To enable on the switch:

From the HOME Menu, select System Settings, then select Data Management.
Select Manage Screenshots and Videos, then Copy to PC via USB Connection.

If it still shows as an unknown device I would guess its a hardware issue, someone more knowledgeable might come along with along with something else to try though

Reactions: zxr750j

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
did you try with another usb-c cable? some cables are not good for connecting the console to pc because them don't allow data transferring.... another question... are you sure that the usb-c connector is not broken?
yes i tried a different usb c cable that im sure it has transfer as a feature

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch gets recognized by PC as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Requested) even when it boots up normally

This sounds like a hardware issue I have had on many devices.
Try cleaning the USB C ports and cable with a small needle or toothpick.
A lot of debris gets stuck in those ports fwiw

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So if it is the usb c port should I order a charging chip and replace it or just the port itself ? I'm saying that because the port has already been replaced by a service from.the previous seller and it's seems kinda odd

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if it is the usb c port should I order a charging chip and replace it or just the port itself ? I'm saying that because the port has already been replaced by a service from.the previous seller and it's seems kinda odd
More than likely it's just the port itself that needs replacing.
Did you try cleaning out the port as I suggested?

A qtip with Isopropyl Alcohol 71% should help.

JackGR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
More than likely it's just the port itself that needs replacing.
Did you try cleaning out the port as I suggested?

A qtip with Isopropyl Alcohol 71% should help.
Yeah I tried that I have 90% isopropyl alcohol but didn't help at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...