Hacking Question RCM Jig or soldered solutions?

Kenji177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello my friends,

it´s been a while since I last came here.
I sold my V1 Switch years ago and just got my hands on an unpatched Model.
Sadly my Nintendo account is gone and Nintendo won´t help me recover it since they claim the person who has it is the rightfull owner (thanks NintenDONT).

So I decided to Mod my new Switch.
Back then I used an RCM Jig and had to plug my Switch into my PC to inject the payload, but when I last was around SX core was soon to be released.
So I thought maybe there are some new ways to handle the boot up process?

Basically what I want to know is the following:

- Is there a reasonable priced solution to skip the RCM Jig and PC payload stuff?
- My Switch is on the newest Firmware, can I use SX OS and Atmosphere?
- If there is a soldered solution, which one can you recommend?
- What is the best SD Card to use?

Thank you in advance!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Is there a reasonable priced solution to skip the RCM Jig and PC payload stuff?
  1. You can install AutoRCM, which bypasses the need for a jig, but you will still need a way to send payloads to the Switch. Truthfully, as long as you never let the Switch die (i.e. You put it to sleep/docked when you are not using it), you almost never have to send a payload to the Switch after the first time. If you don't want to depend on having to use your computer to send payloads to the Switch, you can get a cord that connects your Switch to your cell phone or tablet to send a payload. You could also purchase a cheap USB dongle that can send the payload to your Switch. Finally, there are modchip options available (not to be confused with TX modchips for systems that aren't RCM exploitable). These modchips basically function as the USB dongle, except within the Switch, and they're used in conjunction with AutoRCM. Personally, I recommend to people that they use DIY paperclip jig, install AutoRCM, and then put the Switch to sleep/docked when not using it so you rarely need a computer connection.
  2. Atmosphere is compatible with the latest system version as of this post (12.1.0), but SX OS only works with 11.0.0 and lower, and it will probably never work with anything higher than 11.0.0.
  3. I personally don't think a soldered solution is worth it if the Switch is RCM exploitable.
  4. If an SD card seems too cheap to be true, it's probably too cheap to be true.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: 6adget and Kenji177

Kenji177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Hayato213
Thanks for you fast answer! Obviously I already testet if RCM is working on it and it does^^

@Lacius
So basically there is no other way to skip RCM except for keeping it on AutoRCM yet?
The soldered solution would skip the payload injection through a PC or smartphone, right? Can you recommend a Guide to me?
Back then I used a Samsung EVO SD Card, but my Switrch still froze from time to time, thats why im asking for a specific SD Card if you can recommend one :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello my friends,

it´s been a while since I last came here.
I sold my V1 Switch years ago and just got my hands on an unpatched Model.
Sadly my Nintendo account is gone and Nintendo won´t help me recover it since they claim the person who has it is the rightfull owner (thanks NintenDONT).

So I decided to Mod my new Switch.
Back then I used an RCM Jig and had to plug my Switch into my PC to inject the payload, but when I last was around SX core was soon to be released.
So I thought maybe there are some new ways to handle the boot up process?

Basically what I want to know is the following:

Thank you in advance!
Try calling them again, this time say that the old Switch was lost or stolen. That usually works.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically there is no other way to skip RCM except for keeping it on AutoRCM yet?
AutoRCM is the only way to skip the need for a jig, with or without a soldered modchip, correct. With a modchip, you also skip the need for a separate device (computer, phone, USB dongle) that sends the payload.

Edit: If you are on very low system versions, it is possible to use softmods, instead of using a jig.

The soldered solution would skip the payload injection through a PC or smartphone, right? Can you recommend a Guide to me?
That's correct. This is probably the guide you are looking for:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/

Back then I used a Samsung EVO SD Card, but my Switrch still froze from time to time, thats why im asking for a specific SD Card if you can recommend one :P
Unless you plan on using a clean sysMMC for online play with legitimately purchased games, a good way to avoid freezes is to not use an emuMMC.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Kenji177

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a v1 unpatched Switch, I'd install a trinket m0. That way you'd never have to rely on a pc or phone to push the payload.

Kenji177

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just bought an RCM Loader and a Sandisk extreme Pro, maybe someday atmosphere will be able to fully skip this part, but for now the only good solution would be a modchip. Sadly they are overpriced so I guess I will stick to the Jig and RCM Loader for payloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1