Hacking RCM Doesn’t Work

PeopleRaging

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I booted Linux on my switch and once I rebooted my switch won’t enter RCM anymore. I know it’s in RCM because I have to hard reset to get back into the switchOS but no computer will recognize the actual device. I have tried multiple cords & rcm jigs (3D printed, and custom) and nothing works. If anyone knows a fix that would be amazing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I booted Linux on my switch and once I rebooted my switch won’t enter RCM anymore. I know it’s in RCM because I have to hard reset to get back into the switchOS but no computer will recognize the actual device. I have tried multiple cords & rcm jigs (3D printed, and custom) and nothing works. If anyone knows a fix that would be amazing.
Maybe the USB cable is going bad?

PeopleRaging

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe your jig broke one of the contacts on your switch
I took it apart to check all the connections (this happened once before and the rail was disconnected) and everything was connected and the pins were all intact, it’s almost as if the usb stops working after I try the button combo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How could RCM get bricked though. Isn't it read only?
It is read only but if you short the wrong pin you can brick your switch so maybe the wire frayed a little bit or something.

naed06

Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of people are booting into Linux (and more) and this is the first instance I've heard of this happening, I'd be tempted to say this is user error and not a 'semi-brick'

You say you know it's in RCM because you have to hard reset to get back to switch OS - therefore I'd put it down to driver or jig issues

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sometimes it seems not to truly return in rcm mode after you shut linux down. Just press the Power button for ~15 seconds to make sure that you're completely turning your switch off, then make it boot in rcm mode once again and it should work. I had this problem several times, and doing this always fixed it.

Last edited by SkillingCat,

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because it's common with new hacks etc. So it's more of when it will happen rather than if it will happen.
Yeah but I think that it will more likely happen when CFWs are released, that's when people are gonna mess with their NAND and stuff like that. The only concern that I got rn is about power management while using linux, because yesterday I was testing desmume to see if it worked decently (kinda not), and my switch began to heat up quite a bit (about the temp it reaches when docked while gaming), and after a minute or so just rebooted on the Switch OS. I think it was a hardware security to prevent it to damage itself..

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ran into an issue similar to this, you must connect this to the original Nintendo Switch Dock charging cable directly and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds and see if the Nintendo logo shows up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: