RB2 + RawkSD3 + USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gius, Feb 4, 2011.

Feb 4, 2011

RB2 + RawkSD3 + USB Loader by gius at 9:16 PM (4,183 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. gius
    OP

Newcomer gius Newbie

Czech Republic
    Hi,
    since I am very lazy and I don't want to put a RB2 disc into my Wii everytime I want to play it, I managed to get RB2+RawkSD working on CFG USB loader. Let me describe the steps I had to take.

Usually, if you want to make these three parts work together, you have to solve several problems:
    - USB instruments working with USB loader
    - RawkSD custom DLC working when RB2 started through USB loader
    - NAND getting full because customs are not removed from it
    All of these can be solved.

The problems I've found so far are:
    - RawkSD imports of GH:Warriors of Rock and Beatles:RB don't work
    - you have to stick with non-SDHC cards (for me, 4GB SD Pretec 133x works perfectly and I am not short of space, 130+ songs fit to a 4GB SD card)

I assume you already know how to get USB loader and RawkSD running so I will describe only the special steps that will make it all work together. If you don't, you can find answers on this forum.

1. Prepare your Wii

- Install cIOS 224 (Hermes, v5.1)
    Earlier, I used cIOS 223 that supported USB instruments. It was a little bit tricky to make it work with RawkSD but with DLC Packer/Unpacker it was achievable. I had to clean NAND (save memory) because every DLC I run from a SD card remained in the main memory. cIOS 224 solves all of these problems.

- Put RawkSD v2 (!) installer homebrew on your sd so that you can run it through Homebrew Channel.
    Make sure you use v2 of RawkSD!

2. Run RB2 via USB loader

Set your USB loader to use cIOS 224 and run RB2. Make sure that everything works poperly.

3. Download DLCs

Download your DLCs through RB2. Although I do not support piracy (of course!), cracked DLCs should work as well.

4. Download RawkSD 3.0b2 to your PC

Make sure you use the 3.0b2 version from the 26th of July. Although newer versions of RawkSD3 are available, these does not work with RawkSD2 installer homebrew.

- Import any songs you want and use the application to install them to the SD card. Unfortunately, the beta2 version does not support GH:Warriors of Rock. Maybe, beta3.5 still could be compatible with RawkSD2 installer as well as support GH:WoR but I am so happy that my current setup works that I don't want to try anything else. I you try it, let me know.

5. Run RawkSD2 Installer on Wii and install custom songs

6. Run RB2 and enjoy!!!

Now, you can have all of your DLCs, custom DLCs, and imported songs from all games supported by RawkSD3 available from one game.
    There is no need to use DLC packer/unpacker or clear NAND every dozen of custom songs.

BTW: RawkSD3 somehow adds Drum tracks for older songs that do not include it (ie., Guitar Hero 3).

Hope this helped you...

2. iggloovortex

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. gius
    OP

Newcomer gius Newbie

Czech Republic
    ???

Btw: 53,5s ? Seems more like 400m hurdles to me :-) ...just kidding, sorry (I'm a runner too)

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...your thread title is a bit misleading. Though you're using rawkSD3 to rip and prepare songs in the correct format, the actual loading and playing is just with the plain disc. So the main advantage of rawksd3 (storing songs on USB or SDHC) is kinda lost.

I didn't know that hermes's 224 worked with rawkdsd-generated DLC, though. That's nice to hear (I used Waninkoko's rev19base IOS 37 until rawksd3 became a public beta).

5. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States

Yeah this isn't really running RawkSD3 through USB loader, otherwise I could load my songs through HD and wirelessly.

6. gius
    OP

Newcomer gius Newbie

Czech Republic
    On the other hand, you can import songs from Lego RB, GreenDay RB etc., which is a great enhancement over Rawk2 so that's why I wrote Rawk3.

But you're right that you can use SD cards only :-(

7. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States

Well I appreciate the help, I already have Rock Band 2 running through ULoader's NAND emulation so that I can load the 1000s of songs from all the other Rock Band/GH games off of my hard drive without the actual disc. It would just be nice to have it load the RawkSD way as loading is supposed to be significantly faster of the game and all its music and you can do it wirelessly which would be awesome for me, as I think I have about 30gb of songs and my fat partition of my 500gb hard drive is running low on storage.

8. iancer

Member iancer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    "4. Download RawkSD 3.0b2 to your PC

Make sure you use the 3.0b2 version from the 26th of July. Although newer versions of RawkSD3 are available, these does not work with RawkSD2 installer homebrew."

i can not for the life of me find this SPECIFIC version of the beta frown.gif.
    is there any chance you could send me a link or upload a copy you have p[lease?
    thank you very much!!!

9. brunorocha

Newcomer brunorocha Newbie

Brazil
    I downloaded RawkSD 3.0b2 from the site, but when I opened, it says 3.00 beta 4 on the top...

So, where can we find this specific version?

10. gius
    OP

Newcomer gius Newbie

Czech Republic
    Try this version: http://uploading.com/files/get/a3ddcf38/