Rayman Origins delayed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Delta517, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Delta517
    OP

Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
    [​IMG]

So it looks like Rayman Origins have been delayed [​IMG] [/p]

Source

Not really much info, but I hope the first episode is gonna come soon. [​IMG]

2. DryYoshi

DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Mar 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    Yoshi's Island
    [​IMG]
    Kinda sucks, I want to play it very bad.
    Finally a game like the original Rayman.

3. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I kind of figured this was going to happen. We hadn't gotten any new info since July or so, and it was scheduled to have the first episode released by Christmas (which has come and gone). My guess is that they'll release it sometime during Spring. And they were considering bringing it to other systems, particularly 3DS, Wiiware, ipad, and PC. They're probably making it available for more platforms.

Would be neat if they scrapped the episodic thing and just made it a full retail game, but meh.

4. Tonitonichopchop

Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    Agreed. I'd rather just buy this at retail then buy a bunch of episodes.

5. SnAQ

SnAQ GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2010
    So this game is going to be like the original Rayman game?

I really hope so, i remember i loved that game back in the days.

6. Kwartel

Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Apr 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    Rayman isn't what it was.. hoping this will get it back on the top again.

7. purechaos996

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Connecticut
    I loved the old 2D Rayman I used to play it on my PC all the time.

8. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Apparently so. It's a 2D platformer (gorgeous one at that). Not 3D like Rayman 2 and 3. Pure sidescrolling. Game doesn't look like it plays exactly like the original, but it is very similar. Might have co op too, Globox follows you around and plays like Rayman, big hint towards 2 player IMO.

@kwartel

I blame the rabbids to be honest. I don't consider any of them Rayman games. To me, pretty much all the Rayman platformers are worthwhile, when they actually star Rayman. Heck, even the GBA version of Rayman 3 was pretty fun.

9. Agjsdfd

Agjsdfd My title

Apr 18, 2007
    Arctica
    I loved Rayman 2 and Rayman 3!

I have spent at least 200 hours playing through Rayman 3 again and again. Well that was back when I was 11 years old lol.
    Its a pretty damn fun game and I kinda liked the story.

The Rabbit series are BULLSHIT.

10. Fear Zoa

Fear Zoa Still Alive

Jun 18, 2009
    United States
    Maryland
    Rayman 1 & 2 were fun, and I honestly liked rayman arena (or rayman multiplayer as its called elsewhere)

But To be honest I kinda forgot about it....its become too childish and they really need to do something to redeem the series....I'm all for new ideas... but sometimes you just gotta accept that your idea wasn't successful and take a step back...

That being said...I look forward to seeing what this becomes....(hopefully they aren't getting sceduleing advice from valve [​IMG] )

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    This is the first I have heard that it's episodic and that's very displeasing. Like 'not buying' displeasing. Sonic 4 got me all excited for episodic content, but on the first episode's completion they hadn't even started the second and it's still a very long ways off.

However, Sonic 4's first-episode delay made it way, way better.

12. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Although i don't like that it's episodic and download only, i can't say it's fair to compare this to Sonic 4. Just for the simple fact that SEGA is not Ubisoft. Ubisoft can prove themselves to be quite competent developers unlike SEGA (SEGA usually messes things up regardless of how long they take to make something, just look at the player backlash towards Sonic 4's physics, heck everything about Sonic 4 is hated by a lot of people).

I'm under the impression this delay is not due to technical difficulties with physics or the game engine. They may just need more time for the art (which is gorgeous) or level design. Yes it never pays to rush a game, but i doubt it's in the same reasoning as Sonic 4. There's also the fact that they're considering porting it to other systems. That would require some downsizing and creative coding, which could take time. And they may want to release the game on all platforms simultaneously. Who knows?

13. purechaos996

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Connecticut
    Yeah I didn't Know it was going to be episodic but meh Ubisoft makes some good titles (assassins creed) so I have faith in them to return rayman to his glory

14. NiGHtS

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2007
    Well what can you expect with a 'alleged' 5 people team. -_-

15. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    DS version of Raving Rabbids was pretty bad and that isometric GBA one was meh at best.

Did enjoy all of the GBC spin offs.