Gaming Rayman 3D lengthy footage

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to post something before i go rather inactive again. Rayman 3D footage, the first lengthy footage we've seen being played on an actual 3DS (i don't trust the screens we've been given, or even some of the videos which may be mockups or from other consoles)-

[youtube]F0OGbBe9ikQ[/youtube]

Sorry for the quality, cam footage (not mine). Looks like it is indeed a port of the Dreamcast version and it seems to actually be a competent version finally. This will hopefully make up for the abysmal effort on DS. Looks very nice, it will be great to have a decent handheld version finally. For those not in the know, the DC version was considered the best by many (i'd argue for the PS2 version myself, but no complaints here). Now at least we have a solid port (hopefully) with a good analog control stick. More than i can say when compared to the DS or iPhone versions.

Yeah, we know it's yet another port. But whatever, just a heads up. I'll probably pick it up when it goes in the bargain bin. I own the PC version, but it hates Windows 7 x64, so i am stuck with emulators for other systems.
rolleyes.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I just found that link. It does seem like a well made port.
I'm glad justice was made for it. Not getting it though, unless something else is added.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gamestop offers preorderers to trade in two DS games for one 3DS game.
I'll probably trade in Rayman DS and another trash game for Rayman 3D.
(Good to have a younger brother that bough a lot of trash for his DS and now wants to get rid of it.)

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this footage, it definatly looks like the best launch game (Taking gameplay, graphics, and longevity[which knocks Pilotwings] into account) by a long shot now.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How many times can they remake the same game?? I won't be buying it since I only played through it a few years ago on the DS; I thought it was really good apart from a couple of glitches and the annoying camera.

It's a great game for the people who haven't already beat it though.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
MADKATZ99 said:
How many times can they remake the same game?? I won't be buying it since I only played through it a few years ago on the DS; I thought it was really good apart from a couple of glitches and the annoying camera.

The DS version was almost unplayably sucky. it was a horrible port of what was previously the most horrible version. The N64 one, that is. If you've just played the DS version, and need a game to play, this might be worth a purchase. You'd be playing it through properly.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
(Good to have a younger brother that bough a lot of trash for his DS and now wants to get rid of it.)

What? when did that happen?

Is it select games for what?

I have heard nothing about this...

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
Liar... If that was tru, i would of already pre ordered like half the launch games!! Then people would buy lots of used games and trade it back for 3ds games...
cry.jpg

I have a Gamestop magazine i got like 3 days ago with all the info... Ill uplaod it and edit this post if im not oo lazy right now...

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ancalagon1989 said:
@ Schlupi and idulkoan:

Please note that he's from Germany. There are shops called "Gamestop" here, too, but they have nothing in common with the US-Gamestop.
It is the same shop, but it could be that this deal is for Germany only.
You can only do the trade when you pick up your preordered 3DS and I guess you can only get one game.

Ancalagon1989

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
M[u said:
ddy]
It is the same shop, but it could be that this deal is for Germany only.
You can only do the trade when you pick up your preordered 3DS and I guess you can only get one game.

oh, thanks. Didn't know that. I just wanted to point out, that the offer you were referring to, is (most likely) not available in the US.
smile.gif

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Why did they re-do this Rayman? Hoodlum Havoc or the original Rayman (which has many re-releases already) would have been better.

Sorry about sayiong that but this rayman game ruined the series for me. On another subject whats with all the Rabbids games, what happened to Rayman?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
MADKATZ99 said:

The DS version was almost unplayably sucky. it was a horrible port of what was previously the most horrible version. The N64 one, that is. If you've just played the DS version, and need a game to play, this might be worth a purchase. You'd be playing it through properly.

Hey now, go easy on the N64. First of all, NOT the worst version. The PS1, PSN, iOS, and DS versions are much worse. Secondly, the N64 was the first version to be released and was apparently the original platform it was developed for. For what it's worth, it's very good. Certainly a perfectly playable version with some of the best graphics on the system. Other versions have surpassed it, but i wouldn't use the word horrible to describe it. On its own, it's a great game.

DS version WAS horrible though. I could forgive the ugly textures, but not the glitches, lag, and horrendous controls.

Why did they re-do this Rayman? Hoodlum Havoc or the original Rayman (which has many re-releases already) would have been better.

Sorry about sayiong that but this rayman game ruined the series for me. On another subject whats with all the Rabbids games, what happened to Rayman?
I agree that it's being milked too much and that Rayman 3 would have been nice. But Rayman 2 was considered the BEST of the Rayman games by many people. To be fair, most of the ports of Rayman 2 aren't very good. Of them all, i'd say only the N64, Dreamcast, and PS2 versions were really great. PS1 sucked due to removed levels (among other things). iOS had horrid touch only controls. DS version sucks for reasons i've explained before. I forget what else. Good luck getting the PC version to work on newer OSes too.

Rabbids was a sort of experiment of sorts i suppose. It was originally going to be the real Rayman 4, a platformer sequel. Eventually, they scrapped that idea and turned it into a minigame compilation which exploded in popularity and ended up encompassing all of the series for a while. As such, it's been a long time since we got a real original Rayman game. After complaints though that Rayman is being ignored, Ubisoft has apparently split up the Rabbids into their own series. They are now separate and have their own series of games. Meanwhile, Ubisoft is now developing a new 2D Rayman game, Rayman Origins for HD systems. It's a prequel which deals with how Rayman was created and how he met Globox. Ubisoft has said they're considering porting it to Wii, 3DS, PC, and idevices as well. It's going to be an episodic downloadable game. The first episode was going to be released near Christmas 2010, but has been delayed. Scheduled to come sometime this year now. I expect we'll get some concrete info at E3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases