Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
well excuse me!! i want someone that makes rawksd 3 to answer not some one like mr adolf gammar nazi like you to post that's too much for me to read. a simple yes or no would of been fine. i'm just asking for anyone of the testers that use's rawksd 3 that use's dark corps. not you so if i get smart ass respond from you i will post this thread full of the most nasty picture you will ever seen you have been warned bucko you have been warned!!
I'm sure the the makers of Rawk have better things to do then try and decipher poorly constructed sentences. I'm being 100% honest, I couldn't understand your question at first...

And I don't think any of the beta testers use Darkcrap. Like Szalkow said (and many others have said I believe?) you need a CLEAN IOS37. Most music games (RB1, RB2, and most of GH games) use this IOS, so if it's clean, your pirated games that use darkcrap37 won't work. Them's the breaks.

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why Rawk SD 3.0 will not allow pirated DLC.

Yes you need an unpatched IOS37... do the sZ_e.wad files for each gen mess with ios37, and getting a clean one removes the WADs capabilities to list every song as purchased?

Even if this is the case, can't you just run rock band by creating a custom IOS 37 as another IOS and use that to run rock band in order to keep your pirated DLC?

I know this is a touchy subject, but I seriously am just curious about how Riivolution can stop piracy in ways Nintendo can't.

Side Note: DJPlace you are either 6 years old, or the most retarded being I have come across on the internets in quite some time. Poorly constructed question that only a fool like you could ever understand, then calling someone a grammar nazi and threatening to post nasty pictures because somebody told you to make your question comprehensible. Jolly good show, chap.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Gohan3k said:
I know this is a touchy subject, but I seriously am just curious about how Riivolution can stop piracy in ways Nintendo can't.

As they have said many, many times before, they are not outright blocking piracy. They just aren't going to go to the trouble of supporting it either. It would be very easy for them to enable you to load your pirated DLC via RawkSD, they just aren't going to do so. They require that you have a sane IOS for the very simple reason that if your IOS isn't sane then they have absolutely no way of knowing what to expect when they go to try and run on it. RawkSD (or more specifically, Riivolution), patches IOS at runtime, and so it needs to be able to know for certain what it is working with or you could have patches conflicting with each other (especially if you use DarkCrap). You can still use all of your warez'd DLC through uLoader as normal, but if you want to take advantage of all of the huge improvements of Rawk 3, you just have to deal with the fact that the devs are not going to enable piracy. As I said, doing so would be VERY easy, they just aren't going to do it because they have no reason to want to.

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but once the WADs have done their dirty work and you've downloaded the content, does it matter if the IOS is then later updated with no fakesign/patches? The wii thinks you have purchased the content, doesn't it?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(Disclaimer: Nublet is probably wrong.)

Apparantly, the songs will still show up as "Purchased" at least once; however, the songs will not work (there's a "title: this is a test" error or something like that). Authentification might fail when it checks with the IOS maybe? I don't know.

It doesn't matter in the end, though. The WADs do not work.

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Another simple question: It's been said several times that RawkSD won't be able to import The Beatles Rock Band's tracks, and will never be suported. Why is this? Tecnical problem? some ethical stuff for beeing a "Band Centric game"? some other reason I can't think of? And why is Greed Day Rock Band suported?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Envido32 said:
Another simple question: It's been said several times that RawkSD won't be able to import The Beatles Rock Band's tracks, and will never be suported. Why is this? Tecnical problem? some ethical stuff for beeing a "Band Centric game"? some other reason I can't think of? And why is Greed Day Rock Band suported?
audio encryption, from what i gather:

beatles = not understood
green day= understood

also, only old stupid people like the beatles.

angruss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beatles can import the charts, but not the audio, so if you want to play along to nothing, more power to you, but a little lurking will get you a method without separated audio for each instrument. This is somewhat stupid unless you are planning to play a really long session with little kids, as you can use a USB Loader with Beatles without having to touch RB2, so bitching about swapping discs is sorta fail.

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:

psshh.
i'm a young stupid person and i love the beatles' later stuff...
the instruments are mostly boring for rock band though, the best part of the game is the harmony vocals which probably wouldn't be supportable.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Envido32 said:
audio encryption, from what i gather:

beatles = Extra-special-RB2-encryption
green day= Boring-arse-RB2-style-audio

Fix'dzor.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the sentiment, but I honestly don't know anything more than you two. If I recall, TBRB has a more advanced form of audio encryption and uses a slightly different audio format than RB2. GDRB and LRB both use a newer audio container but one which is still supported natively by RB2, allowing them to be imported with no transcoding necessary.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
nice job, but i'll wait for a szalkow legit correction, if ya dont mind.

You know, I make great custom corrections, I don't understand the obsession with "real" corrections
frown.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
I appreciate the sentiment, but I honestly don't know anything more than you two. If I recall, TBRB has a more advanced form of audio encryption and uses a slightly different audio format than RB2. GDRB and LRB both use a newer audio container but one which is still supported natively by RB2, allowing them to be imported with no transcoding necessary.

^This^

The audio encryption used in every RB game after and including 2 has not been broken (so far as we know, although I seem to remember some discussion about at least understanding the headers that describe the encryption, not sure how far people have gotten at cracking it). Also, after Xorloser's cease-and-desist from HMX, work on breaking the RB audio encryption has been pretty much taboo. But luckily for RawkSD users, you don't even have to decrypt the audio from LRB and GD:RB, you can just drop them in and RB2 reads them just fine. The problem with TB:RB is that it uses a DIFFERENT encryption which is not understood by RB2, so RB2 can't read those audio files. So the only way to get TB:RB working would be to break that encryption, which nobody has been able to do (or at least hasn't done so publicly).

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i look at wiibrew about ios37 and it says it only affects some wiiware games and older guitar hero rock band games so that's good to know.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:
Szalkow said:

^This^

The audio encryption used in every RB game after and including 2 has not been broken (so far as we know, although I seem to remember some discussion about at least understanding the headers that describe the encryption, not sure how far people have gotten at cracking it). Also, after Xorloser's cease-and-desist from HMX, work on breaking the RB audio encryption has been pretty much taboo. But luckily for RawkSD users, you don't even have to decrypt the audio from LRB and GD:RB, you can just drop them in and RB2 reads them just fine. The problem with TB:RB is that it uses a DIFFERENT encryption which is not understood by RB2, so RB2 can't read those audio files. So the only way to get TB:RB working would be to break that encryption, which nobody has been able to do (or at least hasn't done so publicly).

Imo, Beatles should stay in its own game, it just seems obvious. I don't want to see the metal guy playing John's/George's guitar lines...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    "i promise not to get all political and/or philosophical"
    3 drinks later:
    "so yeah think for yourself and i think the government sucks"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is @BigOnYa drunk again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    no, i was poking fun at myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again? I have a IV feeding me so I never come down.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because self deprecating humor is important, as long as it doesn't turn into self hate. because you can't really make fun of anyone if you can't even make fun of yourself
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Booze enemas are real lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    that explains a lot
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, invented the first ever pill that gets you instantly hammered, now filling the streets of Miami
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That was what called a qaaulude, instant drunk, luckily they not around anymore.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tylenol midday
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ambian the stuff of dreams lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nyquill with grape juice
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Thong +1