Hacking RawkSD

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I'm having a problem with RawkSD.

It used to work fine, following this installation procedure to rip some of my other music games, then importing them so I can basically play my guitar hero songs in rock band 2.

The problem started this morning, when I found out the hard way that rawkds doesn't support SDHC cards (yeah, I know...I should've searched before trying it). After some trial and error of just getting the customs to show up (they didn't...I got all sorts of errors), I gave up and went back to my normal SD card. While I was at it, I installed some extra songs in the standard way.

Probably not the best idea. When I went into the rawkSD installer, I got the same "An error occurred while installing customs" message I had experienced with the SDHC card. At first I thought it was only the new songs that were bad (or maybe it was that I didn't have enough place for them to properly install?). However, removing some of the new songs didn't solve things. In fact, it turned out I wasn't even able to play the songs I already had installed anymore (they showed up together with the other new songs...but trying to run them got either a "this song is in the list but no longer available" or a "this song can't be transferred to the wii memory" error*).

I tried running the IOS37 patcher (quite a few times), but even though it claims that everything is ready to rawk, the rawksd installer comes up with that generic "An error occurred while installing customs" error.

Even my "worst case scenario" fails: simply doing everything over again. Uninstalling every song from the SD card works (I even moved the SD:\rawk and SD:\private folder to another location), but starting over 'from scratch' doesn't change anything: on PC, it transfers the songs fine...the rawksd patcher patches IOS37 fine (for the 8th or 9th time, all in all)...but the installer still gives that "An error occurred while installing customs" message.

Anyone has a clue how to solve this?
Or if not: does anyone has a proper way of removing all traces of rawkSD from the SD card?

*it wasn't the exact error message...but something along those lines

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The RawkSD patcher is grabbing the latest IOS37, which is incompatible.

Use DopMii and get IOS37, anything BELOW 5662 (I think that's it). Apply all the patches. You'll be all set.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
calthephenom said:
lmfao, i was being ironic

i love when people misuse the word ironic.

here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

next time you know.

what you did is basically a NOT joke..

wiis = for fags...... NOT!!!

only thing is you left out the "not" making it offensive to anyone who likes their wii.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SFenton said:

Use DopMii and get IOS37, anything BELOW 5662 (I think that's it). Apply all the patches. You'll be all set.
Alas...though it indeed appeared that I had v5662, installing a lower version didn't solve things. I tried 3869, 3612, 3609 and even the 2070 versions (all with fakesign, ES_identify and NAND permission)...all the time, the rawksd installer gives the generic error.
frown.gif

(thanks for the reply, though...it's much appreciated
smile.gif
)

Some other things that may be relevant:
-if I put 1 song on my SD card, it shows 1 song when I start the game ("[ACDC]Back in black (live)"...even if the song put on the card is an entirely different song). Trying to start that song gives "[ACDC]... cannot be restored to the wii system memory" error. It also gives that error if the only song I put on it actually IS that one.
Putting more songs on the card shows more songs in the playlist. All from ACDC, so I guess it just uses the alphabetic order (they all get the same error, though).
-some months back, I tried Hairyballsagna's crack (those wads). Since then, the installer always played the pirate song (even after I uninstalled those wads). Aside that effect, it hadn't changed the working of the program though (until now?)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
SFenton said:

Alas...though it indeed appeared that I had v5662, installing a lower version didn't solve things. I tried 3869, 3612, 3609 and even the 2070 versions (all with fakesign, ES_identify and NAND permission)...all the time, the rawksd installer gives the generic error.
frown.gif

(thanks for the reply, though...it's much appreciated
smile.gif
)

Some other things that may be relevant:
-if I put 1 song on my SD card, it shows 1 song when I start the game ("[ACDC]Back in black (live)"...even if the song put on the card is an entirely different song). Trying to start that song gives "[ACDC]... cannot be restored to the wii system memory" error. It also gives that error if the only song I put on it actually IS that one.
Putting more songs on the card shows more songs in the playlist. All from ACDC, so I guess it just uses the alphabetic order (they all get the same error, though).
-some months back, I tried Hairyballsagna's crack (those wads). Since then, the installer always played the pirate song (even after I uninstalled those wads). Aside that effect, it hadn't changed the working of the program though (until now?)

I had a problem yesterday where RB2 ran out of memory and deleted my savegame. Lack of a savegame causes RawkSD to not work. I assume you have a gamesave?
tongue.gif
Try everything, I guess.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In reverse order:
Yes, I have a savegame. The very same I have since I started the game.
smile.gif

And downloading a song works fine. In addition to adding the new tracks to the list, it removed those 'ghost' ACDC tracks of the playlist. Unfortunate enough, running the rawksd installer still gives that very same 'An error has occurred' message.

I haven't tried restoring a bootmii backup (I have one from nearly a month ago, and have it installed as boot2), so if there's nothing else to try out, there's always that option. I just hope it doesn't have to come to that.
smile.gif

And also: thanks for the ideas.

EDIT: not sure if it helps, but here's the DOP-Mii report:
DOP-Mii Report
Region Europe (E)
Hollywood Version 0x11
Wii Unique DeviceID

IOS Version FakeSign ES_Identify NAND Flash
250 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
249 (v19) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
237 (v1) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
236 (v1) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
224 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
223 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
222 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
202 (v65535) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
70 (v6687) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
61 (v5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
60 (v6174) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
57 (v5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
56 (v5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
55 (v5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
53 (v5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
38 (v3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
37 (v3869) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
36 (v3351) Enabled Enabled Enabled Disabled
35 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
34 (v3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
33 (v3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
31 (v3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
28 (v1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
22 (v1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
21 (v782) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
17 (v775) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
16 (v257) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
15 (v257) Enabled Enabled Enabled Enabled
14 (v520) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
13 (v273) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
12 (v269) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
9 (v778) Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
In reverse order:
Yes, I have a savegame. The very same I have since I started the game.
smile.gif

And downloading a song works fine. In addition to adding the new tracks to the list, it removed those 'ghost' ACDC tracks of the playlist. Unfortunate enough, running the rawksd installer still gives that very same 'An error has occurred' message.

Have you tried to delete the Rawksd Savegame ? If not, erase it, and install again Rawksd Installer Custom.... Sometimes, I have to do that.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's start with the good news: IT WORKS!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
grog.gif

*shouts to virtual crowd: "this next song is dedicated to SFenton and others, whose patient help made this virtual concert possible!" *
*virtual crowd goes wild*
*starts playing 'Gimme shelter'*

Anyhow...
SFenton said:
You're using the PAL installer or the NTSC installer? I see you are of PAL region.
It's been a while since I first started using RawkSD. If I recall correctly, the installation procedure was to rip discs using the NTSC version, then install them off the PAL installer. So normally, I would say "the PAL version".

However, when I compared the file sizes, they were different. Could it be that I had used the (for me out of region) NTSC-version for months without problems until now? Or did I just messed things up by trying to fix it (can't remember if I had reinstalled the installer)? In any case: it worked like a charm.

...and you guys rock*!
yay.gif

@John_Ice: also thanks for your suggestion. I haven't tried it as it turned out not necessary, but I kinda wonder what you mean. The rawkSD savegame...do you mean the savegame of rock band 2 with that?
smile.gif

(I'm glad I haven't had to do that...I'm rather fond of my little band's progress)

*I'd write "rawk", but I guess that joke got old after the first fifty pages of this thread.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Let's start with the good news: IT WORKS!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
grog.gif

*shouts to virtual crowd: "this next song is dedicated to SFenton and others, whose patient help made this virtual concert possible!" *
*virtual crowd goes wild*
*starts playing 'Gimme shelter'*

Anyhow...
SFenton said:
You're using the PAL installer or the NTSC installer? I see you are of PAL region.
It's been a while since I first started using RawkSD. If I recall correctly, the installation procedure was to rip discs using the NTSC version, then install them off the PAL installer. So normally, I would say "the PAL version".

However, when I compared the file sizes, they were different. Could it be that I had used the (for me out of region) NTSC-version for months without problems until now? Or did I just messed things up by trying to fix it (can't remember if I had reinstalled the installer)? In any case: it worked like a charm.

...and you guys rock*!
yay.gif

@John_Ice: also thanks for your suggestion. I haven't tried it as it turned out not necessary, but I kinda wonder what you mean. The rawkSD savegame...do you mean the savegame of rock band 2 with that?
smile.gif

(I'm glad I haven't had to do that...I'm rather fond of my little band's progress)

*I'd write "rawk", but I guess that joke got old after the first fifty pages of this thread.

RawkSD creates a small savegame something-or-another that (I think) tells the game where customs are and what customs are there, similar to how the RB2 DLC savegame works. It's not really a "savegame" in that sense, but, uh, yeah.
tongue.gif

I also highly reccomend backing up your save often. It helps.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...and...where do I find this savegame?
smile.gif

Savegame manager GX only finds the rock band 2 savegame, so I guess it's (indeed) not really like a savegame in that sense.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
smile.gif

Just the RawkSD Savegame, don't touch to your Rock Band II Savegame...

Sometimes, I have to delete the RawkSD savegame, and I reinstall The custom with the RawkSD Application... And never have a problem with that...

RawkSD Rules :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?