Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Herg said:
Dent said:
Herg said:
Dent said:
Or try formatting the SD card with the SDFormatter program being sure to change the default options of Format Type to full(erase off) and Format Size Adjustment to on.
Hmmm...
I tried this, and I still had to boot with the 2GB card, then swap the 4GB to get it to work.
Is your free space on the card less than 1.99 GB?
Yes, I've tried it with about 3GB on it, completely full, and with about 1.5GB on it, just for completeness. In none of those cases did it work if I boot with the 4GB card inserted. If I boot with the 2GB card inserted and swap the 4GB at the main menu, it works fine.
I don't know what to say then. All I know is that it works perfectly for me and I don't have to start with a 2GB card first and switch to the 4Gb. Oh, I am on firmware 3.2U if that matters. You know, I bet that is how our Wii's differ. You probably updated the Wii firmware to 4.0 which has the SDHC update (which does not work for Rock Band 2 by the way) and that is why you now have to do the switcheroo thing. I was reading about that issue on the Rock Band forums and many have run into the same problem and have to do the switch card thing after this 4.0 firmware update.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
crezwell said:
thc42O said:
im still working on 2nd gen DLC
So, is this you getting the seperate audio/charts from elsewhere, creating customs on RawkSD and then packing them together for release? Or is this an app like the OneUp one for GHWT? Hoping its the latter cus ive done a few the first way myself but would like post 2008 DLC rather than using mp3s.

its Real dlc from Nintendo update servers.

Terrific news then! Hope we see it soon, as the 2nd gen dlc is some of the best imo. Keep us posted. Guess it does take some time to download all of that content...

Also looking forward to see what becomes possible with that NAND emulator next week!! And even if it is September, perhaps it bodes well for storage space for RB 5 and The Beatles...

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
SFenton said:
thc42O said:
DLC for rockband hitting torrent sites near u soon with full guide.

Well, it was only a matter of time. Don't bring it into IRC though. >_>

im still debating weather to make it public.

If tuejd or w/e apologizes for being ignorant towards me. Ill save you guys the hassle and let your app continue to be the best alternative to buying DLC.

While I certainly do care about releasing pirated materials, I can't help you with whatever happened between the two of you. Whatever you do, it reflects you, and I hope you understand that whatever choice you make now that you've let the cat out of the bag, you're going to have enemies. It's completely up to you, though- and, like I said, it's probably only a matter of time before the world sees it anyways. (That's not me saying "release it". I'm stating that it will happen sooner or later.)

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not apologizing for anything. All I did was accuse him of trying to pirate DLC, now he's "threatening" to release pirate DLC - how does that make me wrong? Also a quick look at the previous page will show I didn't use any personal insults at all (unlike him) yet somehow I have offended him.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do whatever you want but inform us what you've done, not what are you 'debating about'. We don't give a crap about your personal drama with tueidj.

And about pirating dlc, everybody who wanted it and was clever enough has already cracked it himself or installed x0 ripped tracks with rawksd. So again, putting together (because it should hardly be considered as coding, there is nothing to code tbh) an installer does not make you elite. Your 'threats' about releasing dlc pirating methods just make me laugh.

Tueidj is 'being ignorant' to everyone and we all know it. It's funny though, when he seem to consider himself as some sort of wii hacking god (like marcan!).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beg your pardon? All I'm trying to do is prevent a project I'm involved in from being associated with piracy, so I don't get my ass sued. This "I haz hacked DLC!" shit doesn't even belong in this thread.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
RawkSD and any Pirate DLC are completely seperate subjects. RawkSD is great for importing tracks and installing customs, DLC is a seperate issue entirely.
If DLC was released then it wouldnt be detrimental to RawkSD at all, so im not really sure what the issue is between the makers/releasers/coders. Start a new thread for DLC and then we have the best of both worlds

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
tueidj said:
Beg your pardon? All I'm trying to do is prevent a project I'm involved in from being associated with piracy, so I don't get my ass sued. This "I haz hacked DLC!" shit doesn't even belong in this thread.

That's ok. I'm trying to prevent piracy myself too, for personal reasons.

The 'ignorant' thingy is mainly about how you treat people coming to your channel (remember our 'lack of ioss choosing option' in Rawk patcher argument?). This might have sounded too offensive though, sorry.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Customs are not homebrew. It's pirated material and using it makes you just as 'dirty' as someone using pirated DLC. Do you think anyone using RawkSD isn't using a pirated copy of Rock Band 2 or 'importing' from pirated copies of other RB/GH games? I highly doubt anyone involved with coding/testing RawkSD legally owns more than 1 RB/GH game which they bought for the instruments. The only honest statement is that providing true DLC import as a function in RawkSD would get more attention from Nintendo. But don't say you're 'anti-piracy' when all you really want to do is cover your ass.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lazycus said:
Customs are not homebrew. It's pirated material and using it makes you just as 'dirty' as someone using pirated DLC. Do you think anyone using RawkSD isn't using a pirated copy of Rock Band 2 or 'importing' from pirated copies of other RB/GH games? I highly doubt anyone involved with coding/testing RawkSD legally owns more than 1 RB/GH game which they bought for the instruments. The only honest statement is that providing true DLC import as a function in RawkSD would get more attention from Nintendo. But don't say you're 'anti-piracy' when all you really want to do is cover your ass.
Umm...I do. I own GH3/GH:A/RB1/RB2/TP1/ACDC. I got each of them the day they came out >_>

locustlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Lazycus said:
Umm...I do. I own GH3/GH:A/RB1/RB2/TP1/ACDC. I got each of them the day they came out >_>
yeah dont make a blanket statement for all of us....chances are you will be wrong lazycus

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own:
GH, GH2, GH3, GHA, GHWT, GHM, GHSH, RB1, RB2, RBTP1,RBTP2, RBCTP, RB AC/DC

Some game I own on multiple platforms.

I will be buying The Beatles Rock Band the day it comes out as well as Rock Band Country Track Pack.

While I do prefer to use backup copies as to keep the originals in pristine condition because my sister has a habit of leaving the game discs out of their cases.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:

why not u packed together the tmd tik and cert to decrypt nUS downloaded DLC files

WHY shouldnt it be in ur thread? ill be going 2 buy a wii points card tomorow to obtain 2nd gen DLC Tik cert and tmd THEN and ONLY then will i release the package.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
ill be going 2 buy a wii points card tomorow to obtain 2nd gen DLC Tik cert and tmd THEN and ONLY then will i release the package.
it feels sorta like you are threatening us...but in a very non-threatening way, like you are brandishing a banana or roll of wrapping paper.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't sound like he is threatening us just sounds like he is saying that he won't refrain from doing it and he won't be releasing anything until it's completely made. Hopefully not enough dlc will be obtained this way for harmonix to stop DLC support on wii's because of this :x

Lazycus said:

I own RB1 and RB2...

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tool for USB Loader:

http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii/

Decrypts official IOS DLC and encrypts for use with certain homebrew IOS's.

Technically speaking, these tools will work with any game that uses this
format, but they've only been tested with Rock Band 2.

THIS PROGRAM IS FOR CONVERTING LEGALLY OBTAINED DLC FOR USE WITH A HOMEBREW IOS.
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.

Source will be released under GPL after initial testing is finished.

Credit due...
segher for his incredible wii.git
booto for his bv

icpfaygo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob and am thinking about installing this but I have a few questions about my DLC.

1. Since the RB1/GH songs act as DLC on the SD card, can it be put on the same card with my other 120 DLC tracks?

2. When I install the songs will my other DLC be gone and will I have to redownload them all?

3. Will my game save data be deleted?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong