PS1/2 Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal multiplayer not functional using

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Sorry, I meant to name the thread "Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal multiplayer not functional using HDLoader." If a moderator could rename the thread "Ratchet & Clank 3 multiplayer not working in HDLoader," I'd appreciate it. If not, no problem.

I have a modded PS2 with a Network Adapter and 160GB hard drive installed. The laser is starting to show its age, so I do everything I can to preserve the laser life. That means playing all games from the hard drive using HDLoader (usually version 0.8c).

I patched the Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal image with the proper PPF file, installed it to the hard drive using WinHIIP, and load the game using HDLoader 0.8c. I'm able to play the single-player mode without any issues (so far, anyway).

But when I select Multiplayer from the menu, the screen goes black...and that's it. No error, no "Loading," nothing. I noticed that immediately after I select Multiplayer, it looks and sounds like the hard drive is being accessed for a moment, but that's it. I waited for 3 full minutes to see if anything would load, but nothing did.

I was able to access the Multiplayer menu when playing the game from disc, but like I said, the laser in my PS2 is getting old and I want to keep it going as long as I possibly can. Even when I loaded the game disc (to test whether or not I could access the Multiplayer section of the game from disc), the system sounded like it was struggling and the skipping was pretty bad.
frown.gif

Any thoughts? My only idea is configuring the game image using Mode 3 (which flushes HDLoader from memory).

Thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt