Hardware Rasberry Pi 3+ simple question!

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Going to have a rasberry pi 3b+(latest model i think) so even before having it i could use some help preparing what i could have on it i plan on doing simple tasks on it.

1- What you would recommend as a media player that can shuffle and make playlist .

2- Emulator not a priority but what should i get i got nes30 pro full of dust to use.

3- I heard minecraft was playable ofc idc... but about server is that thing capable of running one?

4- never add one so please give me some recommendation about some useful app i could use and web browser fast as ligtning.*(ad blocker too would be nice)

It will be my main device for a while, gonna use it mainly for web browsing , methflix , and music ,transferring data to 3ds (maybe gaming on emulator) i will have the bundle PI 3+ with heat sink and 32 go sd 4 usb slot a case to put it inside and more , it have bluetooth and 1 go ram and a new 1.2 quad core !

If you want it : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01CC...erry+pi+3+&dpPl=1&dpID=61dV9TG0ViL&ref=plSrch

Thanks in advance!

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - osmc

2 - retropie

3 - yes. it can run a small spigot server quite well.

4 - midnight commander is a file explorer for the command line. extremely useful.

Reactions: LinkBlaBla

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 - osmc

2 - retropie

3 - yes. it can run a small spigot server quite well.

4 - midnight commander is a file explorer for the command line. extremely useful.
Xbmc*works on linux??? never checked that actually! About retropie is that like retroarch??

Edit: *wtf is that osmc??

Last edited by LinkBlaBla,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, it can run the pc version of minecraft (dont expect more that 15 fps).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Xbmc works on linux??? never checked that actually! About retropie is that like retroarch??
yes there is an xbmc for the rpi, but osmc is better.

yes.

Reactions: LinkBlaBla

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xbmc*works on linux??? never checked that actually! About retropie is that like retroarch??

Edit: *wtf is that osmc??
I prefer librelec as a media centre, alot better than osmc. And you can always install retropie as a plug in on libre

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw video actually u can run ot locked at 30 fps with some tweek!

oh, and your going to want to run diet-pi as your operating system, while using their custom overclocking features for the server and the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I prefer librelec as a media centre, alot better than osmc. And you can always install retropie as a plug in on libre
osmc does have its flaws, but its MUCH more aesthetically pleasing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-