Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, i'm an owner of a sky3ds with blue button, to play i use 2 micro sd:

1) Sandisk 4gb class 4 micro sdhc
2) micro sdhc 4gb class 4 (just that)

Recently on the second micro sd of my list, it has pokemon alpha sapphire as first game, then tloz link between worlds as second and last.
The problem at the start is that tloz didn't maintain the savegame when i press menu, then leave, change to the first sd of the list and get back to the second sd to check everytime that just pokemon maintain the savegame but tloz not.
I formatted the second one with panasonic sd formatter like 5 times and i still tried to mantain the save on tloz but nothing, but then i tried something, before i switch the 2nd sd to the 1st i pressed the blue button of the sky3ds to get back to the first game, pkm, then i switched to the 1st sd card, after that put the 2nd sd with pkm and tloz and... THE SAVEGAME OF TLOZ WAS THERE, i verified this 4 times and i have to do that to maintain the save if i want to play tloz link between worlds and mantain the savegame (rare isn't it?).

So, to resume, i have to get back to the first game before i switch the 2nd sd to the first, by the way, 0 issues with the first one.

This problem is caused by the quality of the sd?, not the sky3ds?.

I'm planning to buy a sandisk ultra 32gb microsd hc class 10 SDSDQUA-032G-U46A, it is a good one because of class 10 and the "ultra" thing? can somebody recommend me a good micro sd above or equal to 16gb? :( I don't want to have this kind of issues.

Greetings.​

Filisteus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i'm an owner of a sky3ds with blue button, to play i use 2 micro sd:

1) Sandisk 4gb class 4 micro sdhc
2) micro sdhc 4gb class 4 (just that)

Recently on the second micro sd of my list, it has pokemon alpha sapphire as first game, then tloz link between worlds as second and last.
The problem at the start is that tloz didn't maintain the savegame when i press menu, then leave, change to the first sd of the list and get back to the second sd to check everytime that just pokemon maintain the savegame but tloz not.
I formatted the second one with panasonic sd formatter like 5 times and i still tried to mantain the save on tloz but nothing, but then i tried something, before i switch the 2nd sd to the 1st i pressed the blue button of the sky3ds to get back to the first game, pkm, then i switched to the 1st sd card, after that put the 2nd sd with pkm and tloz and... THE SAVEGAME OF TLOZ WAS THERE, i verified this 4 times and i have to do that to maintain the save if i want to play tloz link between worlds and mantain the savegame (rare isn't it?).

So, to resume, i have to get back to the first game before i switch the 2nd sd to the first, by the way, 0 issues with the first one.

This problem is caused by the quality of the sd?, not the sky3ds?.

I'm planning to buy a sandisk ultra 32gb microsd hc class 10 SDSDQUA-032G-U46A, it is a good one because of class 10 and the "ultra" thing? can somebody recommend me a good micro sd above or equal to 16gb? :( I don't want to have this kind of issues.

Greetings.​

I have same problem!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is not a rare issue, in fact, it's not an issue at all. The most recent save file of the most recently selected game is not on the SD card, it's on built-in memory. Always press the button and switch games prior to swapping SD's or your progress will be lost.

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is not a rare issue, in fact, it's not an issue at all. The most recent save file of the most recently selected game is not on the SD card, it's on built-in memory. Always press the button and switch games prior to swapping SD's or your progress will be lost.

Yes this is stated on Sky3DS's website.

punpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

I see, thank you. By the way, i also want to know a micro sd recommendation, the one that i mentioned above is okay? i searched in another thread and an user solved it getting this micro sd card, because i have some problems with games like fire emblem awakening, everytime i run the rom it always says initializating game and after that new game everytime i run the rom.
Greetings

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This happens because you keep switching SD's, not because you have an SD issue. If you did, the games would freeze or work erronously. Just press the button when you're done playing, that will transfer the save from the flashcart to the SD card - it'll work.

Reactions: punpun

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i first bought my sky 3DS I had the same problem. But then I change my sd card and the problem went away. Your problem is the sd card. I only use PnY SD cards with Nintendo's systems.

punpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When i first bought my sky 3DS I had the same problem. But then I change my sd card and the problem went away. Your problem is the sd card. I only use PnY SD cards with Nintendo's systems.

I thought that, im considering buying the one that i mentioned above, i think that i'll buy a new sd, mine's are class 4, i should work too multiboy2k

Reactions: Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that, im considering buying the one that i mentioned above, i think that i'll buy a new sd, mine's are class 4, i should work too multiboy2k
Hey Pun!
The other guys are right too. Make sure that you always press the button atleast once before swapping out your memory card to preserve your save files.
But, you cant go wrong with having a reliable sd card as well.

punpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey Pun!
The other guys are right too. Make sure that you always press the button atleast once before swapping out your memory card to preserve your save files.
But, you cant go wrong with having a reliable sd card as well.

i'll try that right now, with 2 games that i had issues on this 32gb ADATA class 4, i'll report it

Reactions: Multiboy2k

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed, i'll try again with a 32gb ADATA class 4 foxi4 some roms

Another user mentioned ADATA cards not working properly with the Sky3DS. If it is indeed your SD card, get a Sandisk, no one has had issues with them so far. Try and avoid getting a Kingston as well because only some Kingston micro sd's work properly.

punpun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Another user mentioned ADATA cards not working properly with the Sky3DS. If it is indeed your SD card, get a Sandisk, no one has had issues with them so far. Try and avoid getting a Kingston as well because only some Kingston micro sd's work properly.

IT WAS RIGHT!!! i should press the button after play a game, with my ADATA 32gb class 4 card i tested twice and now the saves, even new ones remains, thanks everyone, by the way,still im going to get a good sandisk micro sd card mrolive, planning to get that one that i mentioned above still

Reactions: mrolive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things