Gaming Rants about SSBB Characters...

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else extremely dissatisfied with how Armored suit Samus feels and plays?
I mean there are so many things wrong with her.

1. She is so much slower (I know the whole game is that way, but she is much worse against naturally faster players than before).
2. She can't attack out of her bomb form anymore WTFAX!!! This really destroys her combination abilities.
3. And is it me, or does C-Stick suck with smashes now?.... I dunno.. maybe its my controller...
4. Her Projectile fury attacks don't work as well anymore.... for example - shooting a mid air missile, landing and shooting another missile, and right afterwards shooting her charge up.... she is too slow to accomplish this anymore with any effectiveness.
5. She can't "dance" anymore.... this takes away a lot of tactical gameplay from her....

- Rants from a diehard melee fan, that hopes that hopes he will figure out new ways to play with his once beloved (and feared) Samus.

Feel free to post other rants about Characters you feel had a disservice done to them.

EDIT: Okay, some things to note. They have made short hopping easier to do in the game, which sort of compensates for somethings...
Also, Samus' fire cannon does more forward damage than before. Her regular melee attacks seems to be her bread and butter. Interstingly enough, the've changed the mechanics of the down kick (down smash) - its actually easier.... As I try figuring out how to play with her again, I am wondering everyones else experiences.... please post.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4. Her Projectile fury attacks don't work as well anymore.... for example - shooting a mid air missile, landing and shooting another missile, and right afterwards shooting her charge up.... she is too slow to accomplish this anymore with any effectiveness.Â

I think you're referring to Missile canceling. I think that's been removed in Brawl from what I heard.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fine with all the changes. Everything seems to balance out. At first I hated it, but now I've gotten used to it, so have the 20+ Asians that came over from azn fest last night. Ike FTW!

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with all the changes. Everything seems to balance out. At first I hated it, but now I've gotten used to it, so have the 20+ Asians that came over from azn fest last night. Ike FTW!

I don't know if its even... I mean the Samus was already trying to hang on to her tier in melee. But now in Brawl, they have seriously nerfed her. Her missiles firing rate is not as fast and no ball form attacks.

While I am getting used to new mechanics I guess I have to start getting used to playing with another main character.

Check out the guys at Smashboards to find out the latest developments on techniques. Don't let the Pro-Gamers get the 1-up on us...lol (I am a pro-gamer..haha)

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No Young Link
cry.gif

Midna Would have been cool too.......... :'(

great game though
rofl2.gif

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just realized your sarcasm... and although I would generally yell, flame and hate on you - I can't right now because of the Giants win.

But in any case, I believe you should feel some type of empathy for us because I'm sure you have some game or franchise that you really love and hate to see it go in some direction you fear.

Handicapman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In SSB 64 my main was Pikachu and ever since after that game I just can't play with him anymore. Of course I was disappointed, but hey, smash life goes on right?! So, I just picked new characters and you know what, I like them. My main from Melee was Sheik but this time she lacks oomph so I went on and checked Diddy and he rocks.
You know, this game actually MAKES you play other characters unlike other fighting games like tekken and virtua fighter which just only tweak the balance of characters trough out the series which makes you keep your main all trough the entire life span of the series.
What is the point of new characters if ur not going to play with them anyway?.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
3. And is it me, or does C-Stick suck with smashes now?.... I dunno.. maybe its my controller...
4. Her Projectile fury attacks don't work as well anymore.... for example - shooting a mid air missile, landing and shooting another missile, and right afterwards shooting her charge up.... she is too slow to accomplish this anymore with any effectiveness.

[/quote]

3 - Who uses the c-stick for smashes?...come on man do the damn move.
4. Did you fail to notice her charge shot is a lot shorter now in range also? Drastically so.... also less knockback : /

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I for one am glad that the returning characters aren't carbon copies of the ones in SSBM. It means that everyone aren't experts straight from the word go.

Although, that may be just me, as I play this game for fun, not really for uber-competition mode.

splitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my opinion alll charackters are very balanced.

There is no Tier1 2 3 4 in Brawl like it was in Melee...

The only unbalanced thing are the ultra smashes...

but hey, In " real " matches ( clan wars etc.. ) no ones play with US

All in all the game is genious the Mechanics are much more precise than before and the Movements are more like real life. No Wave dashes or L-cancels. Pefekt 10/10

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
? young link is in the game...just cell shaded now...aka toon link... but he has shorter attack range (if that was even possible lol)

[/quote]

yeah but young link was awesome, oot, majoras mask, toon link - wind waker hmmmmm

lucarios pretty dam cool though, sonic and snake also

biggrin.gif

lordkieranos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but young link was awesome, oot, majoras mask, toon link - wind waker hmmmmm

lucarios pretty dam cool though, sonic and snake also

biggrin.gif

on the character unlock thread it says the last character is called wolf, is this wolf link??????/

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my opinion alll charackters are very balanced.

There is no Tier1 2 3 4 in Brawl like it was in Melee...

The only unbalanced thing are the ultra smashes...

but hey, In " real " matches ( clan wars etc.. ) no ones play with US

All in all the game is genious the Mechanics are much more precise than before and the Movements are more like real life. No Wave dashes or L-cancels. Pefekt 10/10

Don't you think this is a little premature to state? The game hasn't been out all that long yet - I'm sure there will be exploits that will be a factor. This also goes along with the idea that Samus might be powerful, but in an entirely different way. As such, I am STILL disapointed in Samus. I have been playing with her for two days now and her only kill move is her forward smash. Her Bair doesn't kill. Her Dair, a metor smash, is more difficult to land. And her charge up can't kill from mid-range or further - it needs to be landed at point blank range with high damage (110+).

As it stands, I don't think all characters are balanced until Samus is proven effective....

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do u go to vs mode then?
What exactly are you asking?

If you want to play multiplayer versus, stick in the red theme of the game and hit the bigger icon box....it has a BIG X on it.
wink.gif

I've started to play with Marth (my secondary in melee) and I am puzzled to see that Marth has hardly been downgraded.... infact, he is just as strong in the whole view of things... he has hardly any lag. This really disheartens me because Samus was not even first tier and was downgraded so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e