Ransomware attack targets CD Projekt Red

cdpr.jpg

The developers of Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher video games is the latest company in the gaming industry to have been hit by a ransomware attack. CD Projekt Red made the announcement via a recent tweet, which also contains a copy of the ransom note. In it, the crybercriminals claim that they have dumped full copies of Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3, Gwent and an unreleased version of The Witcher 3. Additionally, they dumped “documents related to accounting, administration, legal, HR, investor relations and more.”

However, in its public statement, CD Projekt Red mentions that they will not cave in to the ransomware demands. “We will not give in to the demands nor negotiate with the actor, being aware that this may eventually lead to the release of the compromised data,” CD Projekt Red wrote.

CDPR also mentions that “at this time we can confirm that — to our best knowledge — the compromised systems did not contain any personal data of our players, or users of our services.”

They have approached the relevant authorities to investigate the incident.

:arrow: SOURCE

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"Your have been EPICALLY pwned!!" ?

Wow...they're under attack by a mid-2000's script kiddie. That's far more embarrassing than being attacked by a rogue cyborg looking like Keanu Reeves. :tpi:

...also: I presume "CD prokekt red" is a misspelling in the title? Or am I not cool enough to get the reference? :unsure:
EDIT: ninja'ed. Disregard previous sentence...and this one while you're at it.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I can't wait for those low life journalists to start claiming that they got some of the data and start spreading rumors just for fame.

munnimann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Imagine gaining access to a major game developer's servers, only to have the world make fun of you because you sound like a 13-year-old.

Reactions: apaltado

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, they kind of deserved it... Karma's a bitch, yeah? Now why was their development systems online to begin with? I couldn't fathom being so stupid as to expose my dev files to the open web like that, lol.

Reactions: Lostbhoy and Neo127

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean, they kind of deserved it... Karma's a bitch, yeah? Now why was their development systems online to begin with? I couldn't fathom being so stupid as to expose my dev files to the open web like that, lol.
After a healthy row of good games, they released a mess, and this makes them worthy of being hacked and their data being held hostage by idiots?
Glass rooftops, my friend. Sometimes they crash down on you. Hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night