Hacking Random soft bricks when pressing the home button

Paxlord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
I can't find an answer to my problem on the Internet... So I hope some of you will have it.
I just Installed Luma 3DS with boot9strap by following 3dsguide, everything went fine, however, I'm encountering a strange problem :
When I'm playing and I'm pressing the home button the 3ds will sometimes freeze and when I'm trying to reboot the system 3ds won't boot.
The Leds are turning on but the screen stays black.
The only solution I found is to go into godmode9 and restore my Sysnand backup.

I can't see where this problem might be coming from... Is something wrong with my installation? Or maybe this is a known issue and I shouldn't press the home button?

Thanks.

PS: English isn't my native language and I'm not used to speaking it, I hope it's comprehensible.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I can't find an answer to my problem on the Internet... So I hope some of you will have it.
I just Installed Luma 3DS with boot9strap by following 3dsguide, everything went fine, however, I'm encountering a strange problem :
When I'm playing and I'm pressing the home button the 3ds will sometimes freeze and when I'm trying to reboot the system 3ds won't boot.
The Leds are turning on but the screen stays black.
The only solution I found is to go into godmode9 and restore my Sysnand backup.

I can't see where this problem might be coming from... Is something wrong with my installation? Or maybe this is a known issue and I shouldn't press the home button?

Thanks.

PS: English isn't my native language and I'm not used to speaking it, I hope it's comprehensible.
i had a similar thing happen when i turned my 3ds on it was a black screen though for me it loaded after about 5 mins

Paxlord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i had a similar thing happen when i turned my 3ds on it was a black screen though for me it loaded after about 5 mins

I didn't even try to wait more than a minute. I'll try to wait a few minutes the next times it happens. Thanks for the advice !

Softlock=/=soft brick you might confused some people

That's really my bad, I'm sorry. I'm not used to using these terms yet. I don't think I can edit the title though.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it boot without your sd card? If you setup ctrnand correctly, there should already be a boot.firm in there that B9S can boot from as well. If it does boot without the sd card, then there could be an issue with the sd card or with something on it.
You could try to delete and replace the boot.firm on your sd card and delete the luma config file and see if that helps with your booting issue.

If that doesnt work, try a different sd card if possible to see if its the sd card.

Skur3byk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It could be teared ribbon cable or sth that sparks your board and manages to hit nand... Probably not.
Check what luma version you have, if you have nightly build that should explain it, try to download 8.1.1 without random letters on end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: