Random Rom Errors with AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Nocash27, Nov 23, 2009.

Nov 23, 2009
  1. Nocash27
    OP

Newcomer Nocash27 Newbie

United States
    Hello. So this only just started happening recently, but I'm using AKAIO 1.5 with the newest loaders, and sometimes I'll play a rom once or twice, or even not at all, but when I boot up again, the rom is there, but the icon is just a pixel picture of a DS and the rom won't play. I've replaced the roms where that has happened, but then it'll happen to game that I've had for months on there without problems too.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Using Ak2i.

2. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Since you didn't specify what cart you have I don't know if it is an AK2 or AKRPG...

Try formatting the Flash (or microSD if that is what you are using). Also if you are using a microSD you should try to clean the contacts of the microSD with alcohol and a qtip.

3. Nocash27
    OP

Newcomer Nocash27 Newbie

United States
    The problem persists. And also, I notice the AK2i makes a whole bunch of saves for the same game.

4. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Since it is still flakey then you can assume the problem is a physical one and either the microSD or AK2i is at fault. It is easier to check another microSD card so I suggest you do that first. Kingston Japan cards are the best.