Gaming Random PSP Brick?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i mentioned that through the pandora it randomly turns off also.. It might be that the battery is fried, it is 4-5 yrs old anyway.

I really don't want it to be a hardware prob, and don't see how i could have caused a hardware prob, i didn't drop it, i just layed it down, slept, woke up and it was screwed.

Also, it may not matter, but im using an all in one charger, it's ipod, nds and psp charger combined, it's not an official sony one..

EDIT: I placed an order for another battery this morning, should be here today or the next day after that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What happened to your original charger? Problems with those all in one things damaging batteries and even PSP's have been reported over the years. Also where did you order the battery from? Somewhere reliable?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original charger i didn't get with the psp, wasn't included in the deal
And, this is where i got battery, i kinda rushed the deal: Ebay Link

EDIT: While in padnora mode, i can't put my psp into sleep mode. If i do, i cant switch it back on.. i have to remove the battery to switch it back on.
EDIT2: :\ Just checked the output voltage of the all in one charger... it's 5V when my battery is 3.6V... also the charger is 900mA when my psp is 1200mA... Is there anything i can do if it's due to the charger? Can i blame the store and demand something from them?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you bought something that was incorrectly described no.

And "fast ship from HK, Hong Kong"...that's not going to be an awesome battery in all probability.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PSP-POWER-PACK-OFFI...=item563f7de338

...and i'd probably look for a genuine battery on there from an individual seller, or offer to buy one separately from a broken PSP listing.

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, do you think it will do its job in proving whether its the battery or not?
I checked the history, they had sold 72 previous ones, mostly good comments, and it looks identical to the one i have currently.

That charger is fine apart from the fact that i'm in Australia, would have to buy a converter or something for it
tongue.gif

I'm sure they sell chargers in stores too though?
I put the specs for the charger above? Does it sound like the charger fried the PSP/Battery?

Oh, does the battery need to be exactly the same as my current one?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Should hopefully be ok. But my experience with fakes is a smaller charge held, erratic lifespan not reported correctly in system settings and liable to random failure. But if you're testing it should be fine.

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, yeh this will determine if it's the battery or not. Also, how will i know whether or not it's fake? I don't want to purchase another battery if this one will be fine.
Also, where would you recommend getting a legit battery?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM