Gaming Random PSP Brick?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just now, i tried turning my PSP on.. and theres no Green LED, no sounds, no nothing when i attempt to switch it on.
However, when I have the charger in, the orange LED switches on.
Last time i played it was last night, i'm positive i switched it off, but i'm not sure if it was on the charger, i think it was..

I tried taking the battery out for a minute or so and reinserting, nothing.
Yesterday i upgraded to Prom-2 though, from 5.50 Prometheus.
It worked fine, yesterday was switching it on and off, playing games etc, system info said Prom-2..

Got any ideas?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no green light... doesn't sound like a brick. sounds like a dead battery. plug in the power cord with no battery and turn it on.. is there a light?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Took out the battery, plugged in wall charger, attempted to switch on, and nothing again. No green light or anything. But also no orange light this time.

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't switch on at all, like no green light or anything. So i can't access the recovery menu.
I tried as well, didn't work.
Any other ideas?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well it depends. Do you have access to a PSP that is capable of softmodding a battery?

If not, you'll have to buy one or hard mod (not recommended)

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do have access to one, but i would have to wait 2 weeks for that -.-..
Did i brick the PSP somehow?
I didn't touch it, i was playing KH on it, switched it off, slept, woke up, tried to switch on and nothing.

EDIT: I don't see why I have to use a pandora.. The psp does not show any green LEDs when i switch it on, and for the pandora to force recovery mode the PSP needs to switch on..
Is there any way of finding out if its the PSP or the battery?
I would rather it being the battery..

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: I used Pandora and MMS and reinstalled 5.00 M33..
The PSP shutdown, I removed the battery and put the AC in, switched it on, It was on for 5 seconds and it switched back off..
I then put pandora in, and got into recovery menu. It usually switches off in recovery menu but it didn't that time...
Also, through the MMS menu, i clicked test MMS and it booted successfully, but after i switched it off and rebooted same stuff happened..
Through the recovery menu i formatted flash1.
Now i can switch the psp on only by removing and replacing the pandora battery..

When i switch the psp on without the pandora, and straight through the AC adapter it switches itself off..
So now it only works through the pandora battery, that's after inserting and resinserting it..
Also, it only switches on when the magic memory stick is inserted, if i put my other 16gb mem stick in, it just shows the green LED, which switches off shortly after..

EDIT2:
So here's the rundown:
The PSP now works only if i place the Pandora in with the MMS. This is the only way it will boot up succesfully. Any other way (Normal Battery or no battery through the AC adapter) will cause the PSP to shut off after 5 secs of it switching on.
I can switch Memory sticks when it has booted up, and i can also take out the pandora while it has booted up.
If i try to boot the Pandora with a different MS and not the Magic Memory stick, it doesn't work.
How can i fix this now so that i can play with a normal battery and not have to boot up the PSP with pandora and then switch everything..

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Since you're able to boot the PSP if you totally circumvent the flash memory and boot off the memory stick i'd suggest a couple of things. Leave the battery out of the PSP for 5 or 6 hours, secondly create a MS with nandtool on it and repartition your lflash.

Do you by any chance have a nand dump to reflash just for curiosities sake?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had reflashed then did a nand dump. I think wrong order, right?
Also, using the mms and pandora battery configuration, as i now realised, it switches off after a while of it being on.
Also, if i connect the charger while it is on using the pandora configuration, it switches off shortly after. It also switched off when i changed the time and date settings.
I have already left the battery out overnight, last night, it was out for approx 10-11 hours.

So you're saying i should reflash again with the nand dump?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Ignore the nand dump for now, just reflash with Recovery flasher. Does the reflash itself appear to progress normally?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I already used Hellcat's recovery flasher to reflash to cfw 5.00 or ofw I can't remember..
i remember the process was quite fluid..

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So after a clean reflash what happens if you power on the PSP without a MS and with power adapter and normal battery in situ?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It just switched off 5 seconds after switching it on, thats is it showed sony entertainment and it turned off.

EDIT: Wait, I didn't reboot using a normal battery, because i couldnt convert my pandora into a normal battery through the M33 firmware when i reflashed it.

Instead, i immediately upgraded to Gen-D3 then to Prom-2.. then made my battery a normal one and then tested the normal battery.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm tempted to say that this is probably hardware related but would ideally want you to try an alternative battery first since from what i understand it works normally from Pandora and MS.

It's possible though unlikely that whatever you had going on in your firmware just totally borked up your PSP's innards, although that would almost inevitably lead to some form of error message when you recover a firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple