Hacking Random Freezing.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It froze twice today. Been slowly dieing it seems. Not sure if it was the card its self but it only happened since I threw on Teen Zombies, Jetex and the new R4 code list. Not sure what the problem is. im thinking the micro sd card is crapping out. Anyone know anything?

sonic209

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4man18 said:
It froze twice today. Been slowly dieing it seems. Not sure if it was the card its self but it only happened since I threw on Teen Zombies, Jetex and the new R4 code list. Not sure what the problem is. im thinking the micro sd card is crapping out. Anyone know anything?
Well how long have you had it and have you ever dropped it

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never been dropped. Had it for nearly a year. It has about 500mb left of space on the MSD card. It started working when I deleted the 4.11 cheat.dat so im not quite sure whats going on.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. I am using the R4DS orig firmware. (although I did patch it with the r4bugfix)

I think its the msd card. Been using it a lot. It is a cheapo that came with it. It seems it writes slow when I transfer a file and doesnt always show up on when I plug it into my PC. This will be tested when I get my 256 mb msd from my cell.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod PLEASE CLOSE.

wacko.gif

DS Lite slot is 2 big. It wasnt pushing against the pins well enough. Works every time in my Phat.
tongue.gif

Still buying an Acecard RPG and a big mds though.
grog.gif

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4man18 said:
DS Lite slot is 2 big. It wasnt pushing against the pins well enough. Works every time in my Phat.

Shim it. One screw, three minutes with a craft knife and some thin card, and you're set. This is a known issue, and easily fixed.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
R4man18 said:
Mod PLEASE CLOSE.

wacko.gif

tongue.gif

Still buying an Acecard RPG and a big mds though.
grog.gif
The slots are the same size. Or at least they should be. And if it is too big, what's the point in an AceKard 2 if the pins on that won't make contact either? I say get Nintendo to fix it or get a new DS.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plan to trade it in for a cobalt/black one soon.

the one on my red/black is actually a tad bit bigger than my old ds. (using a crappy caliper so im not 100% at this point) but it is a tighter fit on the old ds when I can drop the r4 in on the lite when I have to actually push the r4 into the old ds ( before the spring you have to push not all the way down to the pins)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👀 Where?! 👀 Where!?