Random file corruption

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by windwakr, Jun 21, 2010.

Jun 21, 2010

Random file corruption by windwakr at 7:44 PM (861 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. windwakr
    OP

Member windwakr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm getting seemingly random file corruption on my MSD card. I had just got done playing Chrono Trigger and saved the game, turned off my DS, turned it back on and went into my AK2i. It got past the loading screen and just displayed part of the background of my current skin and just sat there. After a little investigation it turns out all my my skins became corrupted. I don't know if anything else became corrupted, so I just replaced the whole "__aio" folder with a fresh one. But if my skins are becoming corrupted, should I be worried about the games becoming corrupted too?

MSD is a 4GB Kingston Japan that I got with my AK2i through ShopTemp. It was formatted using the Panasonic SD formatter. I have been having some contact issues with it(it looks like the AK is scratching one of the contacts), could that cause it to mess up and write to the wrong spots?

EDIT: I think it spread to my ROMs too. I can't copy some of them from the MSD to my computer, I get "cannot copy F:\ndsgames\blah.nds the parameter is incorrect".

What would cause this? Defective AK2i? Defective MSD? What?

2. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    You need to back everything up and reformat your MSD and put a fresh copy of AKAIO on there. That way you'll probably stop all corruptions.

3. kinio_64

Newcomer kinio_64 Member

Zimbabwe
    Hi

i got bad news for you [​IMG] your memory card is dying... i got same symptoms on few of my msd carts and all of them fail in time. For some time full formating was solution for this problem but not for long :'( it will die!

4. windwakr
    OP

Member windwakr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dying? It's brand new. Just got it less than a week ago.

5. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    that was cheerful. I hope the guy above me is wrong...I haven't had problems with my AK2i or sd cards... maybe you could try connecting your sd card to your computer a different way? like through a micro sd to sd adapter? or if you already do that, micro sd to usb? cause at least being able to back it up would be nice.

6. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    This happens to me too. It only effects my ROMS though, not all of them, usually just 1. Even so its pretty annoying, and this started just a few days after I got my AK2.