Hacking Random corrupt saves...

Globe99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of my games would randomly say "save data corrupt - deleting data!" when I load them up. I also noticed that sometimes when I'd load a game up it would like, revert to an earlier save, even when I'm positive I saved past the part it reverted to. I figured the microSD was the problem, but I just wanna ask here first. If I replaced the microSD would this problem go away?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Globe99 said:
Some of my games would randomly say "save data corrupt - deleting data!" when I load them up. I also noticed that sometimes when I'd load a game up it would like, revert to an earlier save, even when I'm positive I saved past the part it reverted to. I figured the microSD was the problem, but I just wanna ask here first. If I replaced the microSD would this problem go away?

You DO know that Supercards don't support files with Long Names, do you? Try to rename the Rom and Save file to something shorter and see if it would work. I don't think your MicroSD is the problem.

EDIT: I may be wrong about this, but I noticed that Roms with Long Names creates another Save file - something like "POKM~.SAV" something like that...Or maybe it's just the firmware that you're using.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't patching the 'saver' I'd wonder if the onboard save space on your cart is getting messed up somehow. Also, to the other fellow...I seem to remember it just ignoring saves that are long filenames (ie the long filename save would be there, but it would created one with a shorter name).

That in itself shouldn't cause any problems. Anyway, I'd take everything off then reformat your card (then copy it all back onto the card) to make sure it isn't some kind of issue with the filesystem. Alternatively you could run scandisk (or equivalent), might be faster to just reformat the card depending on the operating system you're running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy