Hardware Ram or Cpu problems?

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ve recently made a thread and now i ll update this one! i ve got tested all ramsticks i ve! all 4 of them! ( 32gb and 8gb each)
...i tested them on the right ram slot of the rampage v edition 10 ( and i ve exchanged that mothervoard too i thought the motherboard would be broken... but it was not...-.- sadly..

i ve now (as i said) tested all the sticks with the oneslot boot method... and now i am really suprised...
i ve not enabled xmp on the ram because ... after setting it to on... my pc froze... it froze... but in oneslot mode...(only putting one ramstick into the pc) ..every ram could boot ...
but ... sometimes with errors or even bluescreen...
i got one with only bluescreen ... and sometimes it was able to boot into windows...and than it crashed..

the other ramsticks all have the simular errors... sometimes my pc doesnt even post...with only one ramstick ... this is wired .... and strange...

now i ask you guys if this is a cpu error...( it cant be the motherboard cause i ve exchanged it )

and ... by the way
i looked up the compactiblelist... for the ram... and yes it was listed as working!

please could anyone help me? :(

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Stopped, do you mean it just crashed?
I would think that is not a memory problem, but anything else.
Perhaps CPU? Are you sure it is working cool, does it have good thermal paste, is the heatsink well pressed against it, is the cooling fan running correctly?

PS: anything else could also mean unreliable power supply, unreliable GPU (unlikely), etc.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stopped, do you mean it just crashed?
I would think that is not a memory problem, but anything else.
Perhaps CPU? Are you sure it is working cool, does it have good thermal paste, is the heatsink well pressed against it, is the cooling fan running correctly?

PS: anything else could also mean unreliable power supply, unreliable GPU (unlikely), etc.

thanks for trying to help me!!!

i ve put the heatsink as good as possible... i ve exchanged the thermalpaste... i ve tried to let the system run without any window.. etc.. nothing helped

i ve got a axi860 corsair... and i ve made a self
test ( that one button on the psu with that green lightthing ^^ ) it passed...

gpu is..good i ve put it in my old ddr3 system!

and no noone in my area has ddr4 :'D except mi...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you try Prime95? It can stress the CPU while leaving the ram okay

nope i vent tried that one out!

ah by the way...i ve given my pc to one company... they ve tested my system.for 1week
.. and the ve nt found anything -.- (i think they were noobs :D )
but they made a stress test.. and the pc crashed after running two stresstests at one time..

but yah... in my case the system crashes after 1 hour of use or just after booting into windows ..or after post... OR before post ( i think it lives...)

and it passed one week without any crashing...

and than... it crashes again ^^ strange

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for trying to help me!!!

i ve put the heatsink as good as possible... i ve exchanged the thermalpaste... i ve tried to let the system run without any window.. etc.. nothing helped

i ve got a axi860 corsair... and i ve made a self
test ( that one button on the psu with that green lightthing ^^ ) it passed...

gpu is..good i ve put it in my old ddr3 system!

and no noone in my area has ddr4 :'D except mi...

nope i vent tried that one out!

ah by the way...i ve given my pc to one company... they ve tested my system.for 1week
.. and the ve nt found anything -.- (i think they were noobs :D )
but they made a stress test.. and the pc crashed after running two stresstests at one time..

but yah... in my case the system crashes after 1 hour of use or just after booting into windows ..or after post... OR before post ( i think it lives...)
Do you have any reading on CPU temperature?
Perhaps let it crash in memtest or whatever, and try to reboot fast and look at the temperature readings in the BIOS?

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any reading on CPU temperature?
Perhaps let it crash in memtest or whatever, and try to reboot fast and look at the temperature readings in the BIOS?

ahm how should i do that? ^^

my temps were always below 40 degree in idle.. and underload they were between 45-50 ...

i vent built in all motherboard things i could ^^ by the way... there were antennas for tempreading i think

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ahm how should i do that? ^^

my temps were always below 40 degree in idle.. and underload they were between 45-50 ...

i vent built in all motherboard things i could ^^ by the way... there were antennas for tempreading i think
If those are temps measured internally by the CPU sensor they are totally OK. It shouldn't crash because of that, so it is not a temperature problem.
(if they are measured by an external sensor, case sensor or whatever then they are useless)

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If those are temps measured internally by the CPU sensor they are totally OK. It shouldn't crash because of that, so it is not a temperature problem.
(if they are measured by an external sensor, case sensor or whatever then they are useless)

yes i ve tested them and yeah they came from the cputempthing..

but what should i do..
do you think my cpu is bad??
or my ram?
or my psu?

and yeah i ve put all the cables in the right place .. and i ve checked that already:/

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes i ve tested them and yeah they came from the cputempthing..

but what should i do..
do you think my cpu is bad??
or my ram?
or my psu?

and yeah i ve put all the cables in the right place .. and i ve checked that already:/
I don't think it would be the RAM. Four modules failing at the same time is weird. Did you test each of them individually in memtest?
It is rare for a CPU to fail, but that is a possibility.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and maybe a side info... ... my desktop freezes sometimes sfter i ve purchased a 4k monitor... and this is wired..
games run at 80fps... ultra... i ve #a gtx 980ti and it makes its jobs great! :)

I don't think it would be the RAM. Four modules failing at the same time is weird. Did you test each of them individually in memtest?
It is rare for a CPU to fail, but that is a possibility.

yes i ve tried that too!

it stucks at 16% everytime...

i ve a 5930k

and a x99 board ...

and i dont have any other solution. than ram and cpu :(

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So your system is failing after being subject of increase power requirements. (Sure that gfx card pulled extra power for 4k gaming)
I would try using another PSU just in case.

EDIT: falling always at 16% is quite weird. Sure it means something but I'm puzzled. But I would guess it is related to the IMC inside the CPU failing in a repetible way.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your system is failing after being subject of increase power requirements. (Sure that gfx card pulled extra power for 4k gaming)
I would try using another PSU just in case.

but my selftest passed :/ dam.

so should i buy abother psu? ^^ or what should i do?
i ve no clue how i could get my pc working( i ve been trying to fix that problem for 6month ....)...

i ve installed windows a second time... fresh ofcourse...
by the way :/ if anyone s asking!

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but my selftest passed :/ dam.

so should i buy abother psu? ^^ or what should i do?
i ve no clue how i could get my pc working( i ve been trying to fix that problem for 6month ....)...

i ve installed windows a second time... fresh ofcourse...
by the way :/ if anyone s asking!
I wouldn't buy one before making sure.
Also I'm more inclined to believe it is a problem in the CPU.
Can you borrow a CPU perhaps?
Can you try with a PSU from another system?

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't buy one before making sure.
Also I'm more inclined to believe it is a problem in the CPU.
Can you borrow a CPU perhaps?
Can you try with a PSU from another system?

dam cpu :/ god... i think i cant put back the cpu to amazon...-.- cause i ve bought it 8months ago...:(
soo i should buy a new one? :(

nope the psu is ... in my mini rig and that is stuffed full xD my gtx 980ti is now in that case.^^ i would buy a new one ... but yeah now if u think it sounds more like the cpu problems... i ll buy a new cpu for x99 :/
could anyone recommend me any cpu?

and how could i test the cpu :(?

and maybe... another thing
... i ve closed the pccase thing that covers the intern dvdplayer ... and my pc instantly ... froze...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
... i ve closed the pccase thing that covers the intern dvdplayer ... and my pc instantly ... froze...

Check all the wiring and mounting in the case and make sure nothing is shorting out. Also try unplugging the cases I/O (power button, usbs etc) from the motherboard to make sure those are not causing a short.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check all the wiring and mounting in the case and make sure nothing is shorting out. Also try unplugging the cases I/O (power button, usbs etc) from the motherboard to make sure those are not causing a short.

ok i ve everything checked 3times now soo should i test everything without the casewired? ^^

why should it cause any problems?

but do you think it has something to do with that anoying freezing in desktop mode and that strange shutting downs ?

and premiere pro doesnt work fluently.... by the way..

no matter what ramstick i use!

Last edited by Bernhard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off