Ram memory

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello fellow tempers! Well i'm in a pickle right now...decided to buy a 1 gig ram for my computer and put it in myself xD Anyways, i get home, open up the computer and tried to put it in the black slot (got 2 black and 2 biege and the biege were already taken =P ) But it didn't work even though I pushed pretty hard...then I noticed that the black one's "hinges" or whatever they're called...the things one the sides that snap it in place...were different than the biege ones...so I was like "hmm...i'll try putting it in one of those biege ones". So i remove one of the rams in place and then try to put the new one in there...well it didn't work there either (even though i pushed really hard this time xD) So i try putting the old one back into place, but it's really really tough and i'm pushing down really really hard to the point that i'm afraid that it might break ....anyways got a couple of problems really, first of...any ideas on how to actually put the damn thing in place? And does the different hinge thing have any significance whatsoever?

Any help is really apreciated and the quicker the better
wink2.gif

Edit: Btw the two rams that i had before in the biege slots were DDR 2 rams
tongue.gif
And the new one is a DDR 2 ram aswell
tongue.gif

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's pretty obvious which way it's supposed to go in, still can't get the damn thing in
wacko.gif

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you got the right type of memory? Regardless, memory is usually a pain in the butt to get in if you dont get it just right. A lot of times you have to kind of force it, then push in the little brackets to hook/lock it in place.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i finally got the new ram i bought in (had to use my cousins help to get the damn thing in)...so now i've got 1,5 gig ram...but i haven't been able to get the remaining 512 mb ram in one of the other black ones (with different "hinges" or whatever)....are those for ddr1 then or?

ZeminkoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So in your two beige slots you have 1x1GB and 1x512MB? Does the 1GB fit in any of the black slots? If so why not put it there and leave the two 512MBs in the beige channel? Or am I not understanding you correctly?
tongue.gif

RAM is a right bitch to plug in maybe you just aren't lining it up correctly. I doubt there is any difference between the black and beige slots, unless your computer is really old (DDR1) or really new (DDR3).

KarmaUK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Assuming they're meant to fit, it's not hard to install, open both brackets either end, line the RAM up so it has a little play and both ends are inside the DIMM slot, then push on both ends with even pressure until the brackets close around the RAM and you hear a click.

Most DDR2 boards have 4 DIMMs, in your case the black should be one dual channel, the beige another and should all hold upto 4GB DDR2 modules in each slot, so any matched pair should fit in either channel. Saying that, motherboard and RAM info would go along way here...
tongue.gif

I don't think I've ever heard of a motherboard that supports more than one type of RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you