RAM memory test utility for Switch?

dlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a utility or method to test the RAM in a switch? I see lots of references to Kazushime's jOC suite having a memory test/benchmark but i can't find a copy of it anywhere (not on GitHub anymore)...

Situation is unpatched V1 that keeps declaring software stopped because of error (2002-4153) on any game - some run longer (like ACNH) others die very quickly (Pokemon Scarlet doesn't get to first screen). I've tried using an EmuMMC to make sure it wasn't an EMMC fault, then even tried rebuilding my EMMC using the Prod.keys and Prodinfo.bin from the switch and a donor board EMMC module - both work fine from a normal test perspective but both still throw the same error on any game. Also tried re-flowing the RAM chips to see if that would help - again it boots fine but still throws the same error on any game.

So i'm thinking i need to replace the RAM chips but would like to run some form of memory test on them before i do.
Any help would be appreciated!
thanks
Dave

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only way to properly test RAM is by utilizing GPU.
Both available homebrew for RAM tests are utilizing only CPU and are bottlenecked by it. So there is no proper homebrew benchmark to test RAM.

Reactions: BigOnYa

dlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way to properly test RAM is by utilizing GPU.
Both available homebrew for RAM tests are utilizing only CPU and are bottlenecked by it. So there is no proper homebrew benchmark to test RAM.
Good info, but i don't need to stress test it - just verify its function (or prove it has an issue before i start undertaking a replacement, which is far more than i've done micro-solder wise)...

So what are the "both available homebrew for RAM tests"? I've been looking and haven't found any.
thanks!
Dave

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
@dlh
Try these ones:

Attachments

• TinyMemBenchNX-1.0.0_0.4.10.zip
    294.4 KB · Views: 80
  • MemTesterNX-1.0.0_4.5.1_multihread_64b.zip
    286.4 KB · Views: 76

dlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dlh
Try these ones:
THANKS! It passed tinymembench but memtesternx found a STUCK ADDRESS. And when i exited it, the switch threw the "software stopped due to error" message and i had to restart applet mode with "R"-game...
So indeed it appears the ddram chips have an issue.
Thanks again
Dave

Reactions: mathew77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?