Ragnarok Online DS first screens and Japan release date!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as I understand, the DS has no MMORPG's. This is pretty major! Up until now, the best online DS game was Mario Kart DS. Maybe this will open up a new trend. I'll be honest. I've never played an online multiplayer game (please don't laugh). I'll have to look into this one!

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it known, if this will come over to US/EU too?
A friend of mine will only play DS when this comes out (she's a ragnarok freak
biggrin.gif
)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's most likely not a full mmorpg.
at most, it will have gameroom based multiplayer, where i instance of a map can hold at most 1 party.

anyway, in my opinion ragnarok2>ragnarokDS>ragnarokPC

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't mind if you can only have 4 player co-operative quests in which you can play together online.
A system similar to Guild Wars would work pretty good on the ds.
In which each quest could be like 5-20min long.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played the REAL RO. I only ever hopped onto "private" servers. It was tons of fun though. It was like an MOG version of Secret Of Mana (to the best of my memory
tongue.gif
).

Even if this DOES do the smaller MMO game setup (i.e. like Phantasy Star Onliine, with small "rooms" of a few people playing) i'd be VERY interested in this. Oooo... even for local multiplayer that would be REALLY badass.

Hmmm.. i'll be keeping my eyes on this one. Thanks for the heads up!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm curious if this will be really a MMORPG or just a common RPG with some online features..

If someone that knows japanese could read the text from the scans and tell us.. that would be appreciated
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
I'm curious if this will be really a MMORPG or just a common RPG with some online features..

If someone that knows japanese could read the text from the scans and tell us.. that would be appreciated
smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing. I can't read japanese, but i made up a great story to go along with the pictures. It talks about how Jimmy (the main guy, has red hair) needed to be up for school early. But his mom didn't have breakfast ready *gasp*! So he was late for the bus! Then a chick (random other character in the pictures) started shit. And he was all "WHAT?!" with a big drop of sweat off his brow.

Thats all the further i really got.

We need a TRUE translation so my mind stops doing that.
wtf.gif

But yea, i wanna know if this is MMO or Small scale multi player, or if its only single player with shitty NPC interaction.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WildWon said:
CockroachMan said:

smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing. I can't read japanese, but i made up a great story to go along with the pictures. It talks about how Jimmy (the main guy, has red hair) needed to be up for school early. But his mom didn't have breakfast ready *gasp*! So he was late for the bus! Then a chick (random other character in the pictures) started shit. And he was all "WHAT?!" with a big drop of sweat off his brow.

Thats all the further i really got.

We need a TRUE translation so my mind stops doing that.
wtf.gif

But yea, i wanna know if this is MMO or Small scale multi player, or if its only single player with shitty NPC interaction.
it's safe to say that at most it will have a global version of FFCC RoF's multiplayer mode.
the DS isn't really built to support more than that.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Doomsday Forte said:
And considering Nintendo's Friend Code system...I wonder how that's going to play into all of this.

Nintendo don't force developers to use the friend code system.
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 on the Wii uses it own online system without Friend Codes. If this ends up being really a MMORPG, it'll probably have a similar system.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Doomsday Forte said:
And considering Nintendo's Friend Code system...I wonder how that's going to play into all of this.

Nintendo don't force developers to use the friend code system.
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 on the Wii uses it own online system without Friend Codes. If this ends up being really a MMORPG, it'll probably have a similar system.
Oooh, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that it was the standard for every DS title at least.

Though I do remember doing some random WiFi matches with Luminous Arc before without Friend Codes...

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The ragnarok-online PC versions were online-only.
Played 1&2.

RO1: The whole game system simply was the best Ive ever saw ;D never played any other game that long. Those 2D/3D mix simply is perfect *-*
RO2: Hm, looked more like a clone of all those 3D MMORPGs

OuTee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
There was also Ragnarok Battle Offline witch was great when you played it in multiplayer mode (on one PC not via internetz).

I just cant wait for the game, i was playing soooo long in RO. But those "screens" doesn't look like taken from DS :/ I wonder how it will look... But the news that it actually comes is great! :]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1