Radiohead

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone else been listening to this? I think it's a brilliant album and is much more accessible than most of radioheads other stuff. Seems likes its a more mellow/happy record compared to their others and pretty much all the songs are solid. Not as experimental as the other albums but it has this kind of beautiful/ethereal vibe to it.

Favorite songs so far:

15 step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Faust Arp (getting some beatles vibe with this one
biggrin.gif
)
Reckoner
All I Need
Jigsaw Falling into Place
Videotape

Pretty much all of them
wacko.gif
Can't wait for disk two
smile.gif
should be much more rockin'

thoughts? opinions?

how did you like it hadrian? I know you're a fan.

IN-RAINBOWS.jpg

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not too beatles, just a touch.

It's more bends/ok computer than anything else. Easiest album to listen to by them so if you haven't been a fan in the past give this one a try. Free download from www.radiohead.com

I love the jazzy drums and sexy strings
wub.gif

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
So it's more Pablo Honey and less Amnesiac?

biggrin.gif
)

ohmy.gif
I'll hear it right now.

It's more like Amnesiac in C major with added Jazz
nyanya.gif
I'm loving it right now the more I listen to it. Like Cubin' I can't wait to here 'the rest' of the album when its officially out!
smile.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ....
in its riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight place ...

shit i cant download it, shit.
i even have Body song.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Oasis (blergh!) and Jamiroquai (YAY!) are the next bands to release free albums, right?
Oasis are only rumoured it would be nice, but their new single "Lord Slow Me Down..whatever its called" is abysmal. The next band to release a free album are The Charlatans who use to be pretty big over here (use to be obsessed with them myself) but they kinda lost it with their last 2 albums but I've just heard their new single and it sounds like they're changing direction which is nice.

As for In Rainbows, its beautiful! Its like the all the best songs from their last 3 records. Beautiful lyrics and music all the way through and Thoms singing is back to being brilliant. All I Need is easily their best song.

I do have to say that I refer Kid A/Amnesiac to The Bends/Ok Computer but In Rainbows has outclassed them all for me now. Theres people out there winging about the bitrate of the MP3 (its free for fudge sake!) and that it doesn't sound like The Bends get over it, its been over 10 years.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
Probably one of their best albums, if not the best really.

I'm a big fan of Radiohead and loved every albums (except Pablo Honey - only Creep was brilliant in it). Back in 2006 when I first heard Arpeggi / Videotape / Nude at shows and demos I was like "okay it's gonna be the OK Computer of 2007 !" and I'm damn happy I was kinda right.

They made a melting pot of OK Computer, Kid A - Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief with a bit of The Eraser from Thom Yorke and In Rainbows was born. Amazing and I'm really glad I gave them 17€ to download the album.
smile.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think Oasis (blergh!) and Jamiroquai (YAY!) are the next bands to release free albums, right?

Don't know about Oasis(although I like their music) but Jamiroquai's Jay Kay once said "next time I release an album I'll sell it on the internet for 5 dollars". Jamiroquai is probably gonna ditch their label but not put out their stuff for free.

In rainbows was pretty good, glad to see radiohead out of their electronica fetish which ruined the last two albums.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, one of the best albums of the band -and that's really something-, It's like the missing link between the "traditional" OK Computer and the experimental Kid A, awesome album... now I need to find out what's the best way to actually have it
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
)
thoughts? opinions?

You were so right, Faust Arp sounds like Eleanor Rigby meets Goodnight, and...I even think that Thom's voice is double-tracked...that would be awesome
tongue.gif

My favorite song: Nude

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never been a big radiohead fan, and I LOVE that they did this. Fact is, I deleted it after one listen, maybe too soon, I dunno.

I wish it was more rockish I guess. Much respect to Radiohead for putting this out free, because it showed me in a LEGAL way, that I wouldn't like it and waste my money.

I know this probably seems like a Radiohead bash, but it's not. I was just thinking the other day about how cool it would be if my favorite bands did stuff like this. Then I would know whether it was worth the money without worrying about the RIAA. And yes, if I liked it, I was actually planning on putting a few bucks forward, it just turned out I didn't. I hope more artists take this approach.

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad most of you guys enjoyed it
smile.gif

Yeah I understand ozzyzak, radiohead definitely aren't for everyone. It's good to hear you're behind this type of release. It's good for the band and the listeners in the end. Win win

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-