1. Heram

Heram Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    no the save works fine and the game too , i said i just stopped myself from playing after i saved

2. XXLANCEXX

XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yeah for now lol [​IMG]

3. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I'll post DSTWO results tomorrow.

4. Anne Noise

Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm getting bored of sitting here, refreshing this other website every few minutes.

5. taggart6

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Just letting people know if they need a place to order.

6. Etalon

Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Macau
    S-U-P-E-R!

You know, I'm so excited and tired at the same time, I can't even take my DS and go to bed with it now. [​IMG]

7. Skorch

Skorch Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Dam still no luck, everywhere I look doesn't have it. And that site is still down.

8. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Ugh, silly time outs. I'm sure this game isn't working on Wood at the moment anyways, but I do like to check even when I know it won't work. As it stands, I'll just have to wait for now regardless.

9. I2aven's_Sag

I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    If you can't find the game yet, don't worry about it, it's not worth a GBAtemp ban over. Most of the beginning is a bunch of linear text that introduces you to Historia, battle-features, skills and so on. I just finished 90 minutes of playing up to the first node (that is, parallel choices). My impressions of the game are thus; the music is fantastic where it matters. The game's plot runs on political motives (to an extent, from what I can infer so far) Two Kingdoms at war.

Combat is actually pretty interesting, I like how the 3 by 3 grid is utilized so that you can get AoE damage from spells or abilities that would only target one target otherwise. I don't think the combat is all that hard right to learn, which is a good thing for younger players. You may notice that you can swipe your sword; it's used for knocking foes down (I failed hard at it) to get a pre-emptive advantage in battle. There are also a few puzzles, but they're not really all that difficult.

About Radiant Historia being a successor to Chrono Trigger; in a way, I can agree, but Chrono Trigger is a *little less* linear and the themes are a little less memorable so far. I really liked the Orchestral stuff, (You might have to wait and listen a few moments) to hear some of it, but it's truly splendid. Chrono Trigger's time travel has more depth of characterization from what I can piece together so far; You're not really time traveling back a 1000 years like in Chrono Trigger, rather the main-events that the protagonist, Stocke, goes through can be altered in order to find the "True History"; which is supposedly what the game is about. Only time will tell, (nice pun! xD).

So far my impressions of the story beyond the element of political intrigue was that there's obviously more going on behind the scenes. The war seems a bit more of a grey moral decision than anything; I mean, it's fairly straight forward that the opposing kingdom suffers from some poor leadership & evil corruption, but it'll be really interesting, I think, to see how people's motives, (for example, Heiss, the protagonists boss) fit into things as far as the main plot is concerned. It seems like a decent game so far, I kind of wish the combat will get a bit harder (hopefully it does). Either way, it's an interesting blend for a battle-system.

10. trev1

trev1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Retro fixed it for me...theres a patcher out for those who need it ...and it runs fine on wood 1.24

11. PraxxtorCruel

PraxxtorCruel GBAtemp Regular

Am I the only one hear that gets an error when dragging the file over the patch, this is for retrogamers patch

12. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Just saw the patcher, thanks for mentioning it. Why do I have to have so much homework every time a new release comes out that I want to play. Stupid priorities.

13. Souldragon

Souldragon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The clean file work fine on latest DSOne Evo firmware.

Not really sure what's the AP but from what I read it's just save issue. I tested out the first save zone and everything is fine.

14. PraxxtorCruel

15. trev1

trev1 GBAtemp Regular

United States

happened to me too at first.....it was a wierd message from my computer like 5 paragraphs big....i just erased and extacted again and it worked.

16. taggart6

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

United States

A few things to try.

Re-extract the patch from the compression file you got it from.

Change the name of the game file to something short and simple. The program could have issues if you have a long file name or certain characters.

Try re-downloading the patch compression file.

Sorry if this is vague but these are general things I try when I have similar type issues.

17. RoMee

RoMee ??

United States
    works fine on DSTWO
    cycloDS iEVO has save issue

18. PraxxtorCruel

Strange first time I downloaded file size was 26.4kb but this time its 33.4 give or take. Wouldn't the extract have failed first time round with the lower sized file?

By the way just a warning to you all.

I think the AP is the part just where his companions die and he gets sent to the 2 girls. It has you replay the scenario just before they meet with the spy over and over again. This is my 3rd time now. So make sure you apply patch.

19. bioterror

bioterror Member
    Newcomer

United States
    can EZ-flashi play it?

20. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

United States
    I'm pretty sure Teo's a boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Historia, Radiant,