Radiant Historia Save Corruption problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by bconfessor, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011
  1. bconfessor
    OP

Newcomer bconfessor Newbie

Brazil
    So, I got the Radiant Historia, great game, love parallel dimension games, played it till after the prologue, saved and turned it off. Two hours later, I went to play again, but when I got to the load game, it gave me the message that the save data was corrupted, and it was loading previous data, but no data was there.
    I restarted the game, and made three save datas, and turned it off and on to check. One of the three survived. Suspicious as I was, I made another one(two, then, one survivor, one new) and restarted again. All of them gone.
    Can someone please help me??Is this anty-piracy stuff?? Mine is an R4 with Wood 1.27.

P.S: for some reason, after I put the Micro SD on the PC to try and find a new ROM, I noticed that the .SAV file of RH was not 512kb anymore, but rather 8kb only. What's up with that '-'?

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    Use the Windows error-checking tool

Right click your SD drive when inserted, go to Extra and select the first option.
    If damaged sectors are found, then that was your problem

3. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Odd, my Radiant Historia save became corrupt on wood 1.27 too. My SD card is without errors and all other saves are fine.

4. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Bad timing to ask but I was always curious about the game. Is it any good? How good? I might go get it if it's long lasting. DS doesn't get many long story based rpgs anymore.

5. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Same here with YSMenu. I can save, but not load the game. Oddly, if I want to save a new game, I see my old save, but it just keeps restarting the story on loading.

6. Bean_BR

Member Bean_BR GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I'm having the same problem. It was saving and loading properly, until I updated my Wood R4 1.26 to 1.27. Some others games are having the savesize modified and corrupted (luckily, I did backup of my saves before).
    And I remember something in the changelog.txt of the Wood R4 about a savesize.bin being modified/added. So it's messing with our saves ? Aparently, yes. [​IMG]

7. bconfessor
    OP

Brazil
    Yes, I tested it and, apparently, with the 1.26 it works properly, and the 1.27 doesn't. If I didn't have 999 with altered savefile size already, I would just stick with 1.26. So, now, is there ANY way for me to choose in 1.27 which games I don't wanto to use savefile.bin?
    plz help, and thnx in advance!

oh, either that, or a way to transform my 999 .SAV back to standard 512, so I don't lose my progress. Thnx.

8. bconfessor
    OP

Brazil
    any news on a patch for RH =/?

9. panncakes

Newcomer panncakes Newbie

United States
    What about the infinite loop glitch? Any patches for that?

10. bconfessor
    OP

Brazil
    Well, looks like I managed to bypass the problem here, I got back to 1.26 for a while and made a .SAV there, so it would be 512kb, ergo functional even in 1.27.
    Thanks for everyone who tried to help me!!

11. ctbk

Newcomer ctbk Newbie

Italy
    it is possible to make it work without reinstalling 1.26: just press Y on the game and select 512Kb as save file size manually.