Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrari Challenge is horrible.

Asphalt GT 2, took a while to get into it but I had fun with it. Some hate it though.
Speed Racer is great.
Mario Kart of course.
Some like Racer Driver I don't, fount it to be too generic.

Hoping that Ducati Moto (released this week) will be good.

But seriously can people start using the search button?

AntonYW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
The most popular racing game on DS, Mario Kart, really addictive. Other racing title, I don't know which one is good.
yaynds.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The codemasters game Race&Driver I found awful as the controls vs reaction of the cars was wonky and GRID uses the same setup so it probably is hosed too.

Mario Kart just is what it is and handles fine, but forget finding a fair and fun online battle, and 150ccs is for sadists who like stupid cheap ai.

Speed Racer I've barely scratched using an emulator but it handled better than anything I've used on a real DS, though Asphalt Urban GT2 is pretty damn spectacular too but it's only fault is being easy to where I just won't want to re-play it a 2nd time after I unlocked it all and sold it (rebought and never bothered much.)

I'd avoid the original Asphalt Urban as that was just awful with some badly handled turning/drift mechanics and some questionable(very) hit detection in some cases being nearly twice the width of the visual(like a truck that had 50% more collision vs visual size to each side.)

Those all are what I have bought/tried out, and I'm not very well up on whatever else is out there as far as American releases go but I really do need a good racer too and likely when I got the cash will just get a legit copy of Speed Racer.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tried the need for speed series?(with the exception of most(least) wanted which is as good as a flashgame)
i own underground2 myself, it has a good amount of races and a lot of customization(optional) for your cars.
it's graphics aren't that bad either.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
all been mentioned already. Race Driver series, Create & Race now and Grid soon, are both very good "sim" racing attempts on the DS. Mario Kart DS is the obvious. Speed Racer was a surprise, though slightly shallow gameplay. TrackMania should be great.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Mario Kart - though can't say it's actually only racing since there are many other things
Need for Speed - Nice physics and good gameplay
Asphalt 2 - Nice idea,many cars to unlock and tracks
Speed Racer - The most FUN of em all... nice combos and good game speed

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shakirmoledina said:
Mario Kart - though can't say it's actually only racing since there are many other things
Need for Speed - Nice physics and good gameplay
Asphalt 2 - Nice idea,many cars to unlock and tracks
Speed Racer - The most FUN of em all... nice combos and good game speed
would be nice to include what version.
most wanted's physics are horrible.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
No one's mentioned Diddy Kong Racing DS. I loved it on the N64 (much more than Mario Kart 64) and liked the DS version too. Although the DS version felt easier, maybe just because I used to play it so much on the N64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1