R4Toolz Suite

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Blazikun, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

R4Toolz Suite by Blazikun at 7:33 PM (3,858 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Blazikun
    OP

Member Blazikun GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    R4Toolz Suite​

Rel 2.0b Dev 4​

R4Toolz is a tools suite for R4 Users, featuring Decrypt/Encrypt Firmware and Cheats (Thanks, Maxconsole), Convert SAVs between WoodR4 and R4, and a full launchable firmware maker, so you can launch WoodR4/YSMenu through Filebrowser! All in one fully-featured BAT.

Code:
    Change log (v1.5):

-Added SAV Conversion
    -Added launchable firmware device maker
    Sources included in download.
    Closed source BAT
    Copyrighted CHISHM for R4Crypt.exe

Open Spoiler for Download Links
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    [​IMG]

CREDITS

DISCLAIMER

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    You've added full credits now, I'm a happy chappy! [​IMG]

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I think he really wants to get credit for making a .bat file (whereas I would like to have someone else make my ysmenu generator because its probably a mess xD). In any case, I have never felt the need to use any generators for anything (because "I am not a nub" and I have searching abilities apparently), but I'm sure that one day, there will be one program per flashcart that will instantly update everything as you want it and then all forum talk will cease to exist in the flashcart categories. Then people will label GBATemp as a "Once great, but now dead" forum, causing the forums to lose tons of members until finally, everyone relinquishes it altogether and GBATemp becomes no more. So in order to prevent that, help nubs by forcing them to search, and don't give them some cheap easy way out because its obvious that what we all want is for nubs to learn exactly what it is that they are doing, teach it to others, and better the knowledge of the nds community rather than give the option for perpetual nubs that we can get annoyed at and may one day murder.

If anything, I think Pyrosurfer should start from scratch rather than base it off of another's work because because all things are more fun when do something all by yourself.

4. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    no it isnt modded, TrolleyDave, and i have given credit to MaxConsole in my top post for it. It isn't a modified version, it's a bat file, and i've given credit for it. also, do download 1.5. it has a launchable firmware maker and a save "renamer-converter". implementing more things soon, though

also: to jurassicplayer - it's not based on. It's the original chishm r4crypt with a bat file i made.

edit2: @trolleydave - thanks. i just noticed it was pointing to the wrong file!

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I think TrolleyDave's point is your .bat is still based off someone else's with minimal changes.

However, your additions seem to be a good idea, though not well implemented.

This will work unreliably:
    Code:
    :savconvea
    msg * This will permanently convert your R4 SAVs to WOODR4 SAVs! Click X to exit NOW if undesirable!
    pause
    rename *.sav *.nds.sav
    Since it will catch -all- ".sav" files including previously converted ".nds.sav" and make them ".nds.nds.sav".

This will NOT work:
    Code:
    :savconvt
    msg * This will permanently convert your WOODR4 SAVs to R4 SAVs! Click X to exit NOW if undesirable!
    pause
    rename *.nds.sav *.sav
    DOS/Windows Shell treats the last '.' as the file extension.
    So for example, while "*.nds.sav" will find "New Mario Bros. (U).nds.sav", it will rename ".sav" to ".sav".

It's not too hard to get those right, just read up on 'for /f ... in ... do'.

Here are some examples of 'for /f ... in ... do' that I have used for backing up:
    And here is the code I used to remove the extension from the Moonshell2 Skin Packer:

Despite what you may think... I'm not trying to start problems with you.
    I just have zero tolerance for people who steal code and call it their own and will not hesitate to call people out on it.

6. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks, twizt. i will clean it up soon. version 3 is coming out, and i think i might build a program for it

edit: the .nds.sav to .sav doesnt work, as labelled in the bat. I will fix this. do you know how to rename .nds.sav to .sav without it ignoring the .nds part?

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    This should work... I've tested it and it worked on my saves, however there is two small problems:
    1). It drops the "!" in files, so that any file with "!" in their names fail.
    2). It's "dumb". There's no check to skip files not of the proper type, but they'll just fail and it will continue.
    Code & Info

8. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks, twizt. it's made my code a lot cleaner. i'm working on a few things ; should be done v2 by next week!

9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Why name it FIRMWARE.LFK, then rename it from lfk to fwd then rename it from fwd to nds? Why not just name it FIRMWARE.nds it begin with? If you're only renaming it, the file is identical after the two renames as it was to begin with, only with a different name.

10. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    meh... i got bored. that code is being trimmed from the next version [​IMG]

11. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Seems pointless to me

I've had a batch file on filetrip for ages, which will rename *.nds.sav to *.sav, *.sav to *.sav.nds (it will not rename *.nds.sav to *.nds.nds.sav), *.SAV to *.sav and it performs this in all subdirectories too. It also will backup all the saves to My Documents\DS-Saves\[date]\[time]

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=10322

twiztidsinz may as well write the thing himself.

12. Blazikun
    OP

United Kingdom
    2.0b relesed

13. raiderscrusade

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    What does

Actually do?

14. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's strange, but this batch file looks almost identical to triassic911's post which has been sticked at the to of this forum http://gbatemp.net/t164359-guide-to-instal...smenu-on-the-r4