Hacking R4li.com's new R4 kernels

aNILEator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4LI stepped up to the challenge of updating the kernel firmware for the original R4 cards, adding better compatibility, cheats etc.

Latest R4LI Kernel 1.22

Language: English
Updated Date:2009-06-20
Version: 1.22
Instructions: R4 v1.22 kernel

1?Fix screen problem when reset

2?Fix softret problem in new game

DOWNLOAD English 1.22
DOWNLOAD Chinese 1.22

---------------------------------------

Thoughts and opinons?

Compatibility?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FIXED
Themes now stay as you left them instead off defaulting to 'Automatic'
FFCC:EoT now loads when soft-reset is activated

STILL BROKEN
GTA:CW freezes with white screens when soft-reset is activated
SWCW: Jedi Alliance freezes with black screens when soft-reset is activated
Text on bottom menu screen can still be a little flickery

Another thing worth mentioning is that save files created with YSMenu are not recognised by v1.22 but save files created by v1.22 ARE recognised by YSMenu.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Another thing worth mentioning is that save files created with YSMenu are not recognised by v1.22 but save files created by v1.22 ARE recognised by YSMenu.
This is not true. YSMenu produces files with the extension .sav, while R4 firmware produces files with the extension .SAV. 1.22 will recognize saves if you change them from .sav to .SAV. YSMenu will recognize them no matter what.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lacius said:
Depravo said:
This is not true. YSMenu produces files with the extension .sav, while R4 firmware produces files with the extension .SAV. 1.22 will recognize saves if you change them from .sav to .SAV. YSMenu will recognize them no matter what.
So what I said IS true. R4 v1.22 will not recognize a save file as created by YSMenu. You have to manually modify it to make it work.

You could have just said you found a solution to the YSMenu save problem rather than implying I was a liar.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Lacius said:
Depravo said:
So what I said IS true. R4 v1.22 will not recognize a save file as created by YSMenu. You have to manually modify it to make it work.

You could have just said you found a solution to the YSMenu save problem rather than implying I was a liar.
I did not mean to imply that you were a liar. I posted this same response in the last 1.20 thread as a solution. I am sorry you took offense to me not treating it like something other than old news.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm how did they get their hands on the original r4 firmware?

or is it just hex edits?

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
old gui + old dldi+ new rom loader
The new kernel is not lost to the official kernel AK2.
smile.gif

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
how do you think will the wii connection be working? There is next step no white screens but the ds stop responing on the screen "Comunicating to wii" and there arflashing 3 dots like ds is thinking
tongue.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder why people still use R4's. There are a load of other cards, at a very cheap price, and they do the job twice as well. R4 is just outdated, face it guys. Anyway nice to see that one of the clone teams have done something about it.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
I wonder why people still use R4's. There are a load of other cards, at a very cheap price, and they do the job twice as well. R4 is just outdated, face it guys. Anyway nice to see that one of the clone teams have done something about it.

Because the r4 was one the top of its game and many people bought it..and r4 still works, why replace something not broken?

nathangatchalian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the new firmware still fails
i used cheats for my devil survivor and i turned my ds off and i went back to turn it on but when i turned it back on IT COULDNT READ MY SAVE FILES.
so what i did was download the original 1.18 kernel for the normal r4 i dont really care about what happens to my cheats i can just edit my cheats and at the same time losing the risk of all my savs going bye bye.

anyway if you guys get this problem you can just down grade your firmware from 1.22 to 1.18

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)