r4iii wood r4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kirbymaster101, May 26, 2011.

May 26, 2011

r4iii wood r4 by kirbymaster101 at 1:12 AM (2,115 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. kirbymaster101
    OP

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I managed to use retorgamefan's ysmenu to REPLACE my firmware. now is there a way to use wood r4 on an r4 iii.

its the type of r4iii that needs the _r4iii.dat or else it gets stuck on loading.
    PS: i already tried WAIO and Wood r4 as nds.

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    No.

Wood R4 would rever support a blatantly obvious clone like an R4iii.

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I believe not, but what's wrong with YSmenu? it's updated more frequently and there's nothing wrong with it imo.

4. kirbymaster101
    OP

Canada
    but my firend has a newer r4iii and it loaded wood r4 fine.
    I guess becuase some games take 30 seconds too load up on ysmenu while on wood r4 its instant.
    also heard that wood r4 has wii connectivity.

5. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    1. He's lying, or he doesn't have a R4iii.
    2. It's not really 30 seconds, more like 10. It's not really a huge amount of time, and anyway wood does require some loading time.
    3. I'm not sure, but I highly doubt it. It's probably a lie anyway. And if wood has wii connectivity through some games YSMenu would have wii connectivity too.

6. Inazuma Eleven

Newcomer Inazuma Eleven Advanced Member

Singapore
    Wood R4 has Wii connectivity! I connected my Pkmn platinum on DS to PBR on Wii. It worked!

7. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Well ok, I wasn't even sure the DS on it's own had wii connectivity. But I'm still pretty sure that YSMenu has wii connectivity aswell, if wood r4 does.

8. kirbymaster101
    OP

Canada
    Umm he went to my house and showed me..........

I know its a newer r4iii becuase it doesnt need _r4iii.dat
    aslo the older r4iii that uses the firmware form the r4iinew.com have SLOW loading times. when i tirded wood r4 on it, it weas instant but white screen.

Some games like Mario Kart loaded in 5seconds while other games like Kirby Superstar ultra took 30 seconds. That why I want wood r4 mostly for loading times. I understand if its impossible just asking.

9. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    That is one of the things that is supposed to happen when you attempt to use Wood R4 on a clone card it was not built for. If you happen to have everything set up correctly and it doesn't work, invest in YSmenu, as Wood R4 will never work on your card.

10. mybutterfly

Newcomer mybutterfly Member

United States
    kirbymaster101, WOOD R4 only work on R4(r4ds.com), acekard r.p.g, R4iDSN(r4idsn.com) & R4i gold(r4ids.cn).

11. kirbymaster101
    OP

Canada
    I guess ill just stick to retrogamefan's ysmenu. Tried recently ytired wood r4 for clones but that gave me a white screen too.

12. Joel16

Member Joel16 Be lost in an eternal illusion.

United States
    use waio 1.29 [j16] by me. im Joel 16 just google waio 1.29 [J16] for r4 clones

13. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Why not just buy an R4i Gold (from http://www.r4ids.cn)? It's a better clone and supports Wood R4 officially.

14. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Your "package" is a bunch of bullshit. That "beta v1.33" is a fucking copy of the decrypted original. Your WAIO.nds (all of the ones that people are supposed to load) are also old, probably v1.15 old or something. Also, your loaders are old. Your thing is outdated, and no better than CK3's "WAIO repack". Just what the hell do you think you are updating? From what I can tell, there hasn't been shit that has actually been done, and what I can tell is fairly accurate (by fairly, I mean you would be stupid to refute these claims...extremely stupid...).

The ways I can tell:
    -CRC32 of your "beta" is the exact same as the decrypted WoodR4 (o.o go figure, not something hard to catch).
    -The WAIO.nds files and loaders provided in yours are a smaller size than mine (and mine definitely are more updated...I would know, because I've tested them on games that REALLY couldn't work with the older loader).
    -All "packs" that I have seen besides the WoodTT are repacks, and NONE of them do shit to update anything.
    -Nobody that cares has the brains to check how to update the loaders like I did, and those with the brains don't care to check because they don't need to.

Anyways, your package fails and doesn't help.