Hacking R4igold.cn

Domain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So hey there.

I bought an R4 card just about a year, maybe two ago. Rather than the card I wanted, I got this one, which has worked admirably now for quite a while. TTMenu salvages it, and so far the only game I want to play that I can't play seems to be Lufia DS. WoodR4 doesn't seem to work due to lacking SDHC support or some such, and I've accepted the fate that came with a cloned R4.

Not being able to play Lufia DS isn't entirely a new reason to buy a new card to me, but as I perused the internet I realise that R4igold.cn no longer exists. Dommage.

Is the R4igold.cn card still salvagable at this point in time, or would it be a good time to look towards a new card purchase? I might wait for March when the 3DS is out and hope that thing gets flashcarted soon enough (and has compatibility with NDS games!), but I'd like to explore options regardless.

LobsterMts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I also bought an R4i Gold from www.r4igold.cn , and no, it's not dead.
Well, you could try to use the 1.17a12 TTDS, that's what I did.
It doesn't runs super scribblenauts though.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buying a new flashcart wouldn't be such a bad decision.
You can get a regular, Wood R4 compatible R4DS from Shoptemp for $6, $13 with 2gb memory.

Or you can just get an Acekard 2i for $15 and keep using your SDHC card in it.

They're both great choices, Wood R4 and AKAIO firmware can play pretty much anything that's current.

Edit: According to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/, the R4igold.cn flashcart updated 2 months ago, you can also download its firmware from there.
I'd still suggest the replacement flashcart though.

Domain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, thank you for your responses.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users